PDA

View Full Version : Little bit Disappointed

domm029
19-07-08, 23:07
I am on my 8th Day Citalopram, I feeling a lot better, So I decided to go out with my mates, I was doing ok to start with.. then after a hour the old symptons returned, I thought i was on the mend.

i am expecting to much to early:weep:

nomorepanic
19-07-08, 23:08
Medication won't cure you - there is no miracle cure with drugs I am afraid.

Yes you are expecting too much from drugs!

Quiet-Lift
20-07-08, 01:28
Hi Domm,:)

Perhaps you should give the Citalopram a bit longer than 8 days?

Unfortunately nomorepanic is right. Drugs don't provide a miracle cure. I wish they did, but then the Pharmaceutical and Medical professions could lose a lot of income.:whistles:

I think we live in a pill-swallowing culture so it's natural for many of us to expect a great deal from the medicines on offer. Sometimes, taking them is all we can do as a gesture of hope that we may improve as time goes on. The problem is when side-effects from the meds get tangled up with the symptoms that caused you to take them in the first place. :wacko:

Better to be a little disappointed than a lot. Try to be a little more patient and keep some perspective.

All the best

scrumpy78
20-07-08, 09:22
give it time, most posts say at least 2 weeks til start feeling better, my doc said 10 days which i thought was optimisitic. it says on leaflet you get with tablets that optimum effect is 3 months so give it time,but you are on the upward climb! congrats!