PDA

View Full Version : stupid repeating, any1 relate to?

makenzie
20-07-08, 00:33
I have mentioned this in my last thread briefly. I can not stop blowing bubbles on my tongue, and when i get anxious it happens a lot more. I also have been swallowing a lot, and then repeating swallowing.
My worst time is when i anticipate or actually have an unwanted intrusive thought. After the thought or image, i will replay what i was doing at the EXACT time of having the thought, this could include, touching somethig (object), or i would also worry if i was blowing bubbles with my tongue etc.

As i have mentioned in my last thread, i am currently going threw a stage where i anticipate, or have UNWANTED intrusive thoughts around children, this is my worst worry and bothers me a lot, however sometimes i will not actually have a thought around a child, but later i will still hav this feeling of guilt and worry, especially if i can not reasure myself of what i was doing around the exact time, of seeing a child.

I have also started to check things, e.g. if i am walking with my girlfriend down the street, and a women walks past with a child, i have to turn round and check that i did just see them both together, then i will check or repeat something i was saying or physically doing at the time of seeing them e.g. scrathing my head. I no this must be hard to understand, because i dont understand it myself half the time. I have been told that i have GAD, but not OCD, however i have not told my nurse some of the above, as i do not no how to explain it to her. If any one can relate to any of this crap, please reply a.s.a.p, as it is really bothering me.thanks mak.

ade
20-07-08, 12:05
hi mak
yes i relate to you especially the checking walking down the st.i have in the past jammed my hands in my pockets to reassure myself that i havent touched aanyone as i passed them.i have 2 children and have learned over time to trust my inner beliefs and love and not to be dominated by the thoughts,although they still happen.heres an interesting one....i used to feel safer if i was in a shop and there was cctv because it could prove i had not acted on any intrusive thought.odd that because it means at some level i knew i had donne nothing,yet was over whelmed by the "what if" tyranny of intrusive thoughts.i know how distressing having thoughta around kids is,it is so hard for you,this site is brilliant for this topic,people will reassure you mate.
hang in there mate,i recognise tons of what you say
ade

makenzie
20-07-08, 22:38
Hi ade. Thanks for that mate you've made me feel a whole lot better. And that example about the cameras made me feel so much better, because last year i worked in a shop and i was lo and behold checking the cameras, when intrusive thoughts would come, even though i had not done any of them, and i still get that feeling with the cameras in places. Cheers for the reply you made my day a whole lot better,(for today anyway lol).cya mate.