PDA

View Full Version : Panic feeding Panic!

mothermac
20-07-08, 01:15
Find myself up again instead of having restful sleep.
This is becoming a real problem now and I am going to go to the docs on Monday and ask for some sleeping tablets,I cannot stand it.
I am sorry to post again about my nocturnal habits it's just that it helps me in a way to calm down when I am writing on how I feel.
I think panic feeds panic because I was in a lovely sleep and some rowdy lads walked by shouting and they frightened me awake.As soon as I woke up I felt threatened as they sounded as if they were having a row(they weren't they were just in high spirits)I am really scared as my body must be on high alert all the time if I instantly think something is wrong when I hear a loud noise.Does anybody else feel this way at times?
The doc doesn't understand this insomnia thing at all,she was very reluctant to prescribe anything but I must make her see that I will be like a zombie soon if I don't get a decent nights kip.
I have tried music,drinks,relaxation,not watching disturbing news on tv and nothing works,I dread evening time as I know I won't get any respite. Us anxiety sufferers can escape our crap feelings when we sleep but I don't even get that. I used to be a marvellous snoozer I just don't get it!:weep:

LucyR
20-07-08, 03:31
Hello, Staying up late just becomes a bad routine and makes us feel awful during the day. Yes, I too, can't stand noise, lifes far too noisey these days its getting worse all the time, or so it seems.

Bill
20-07-08, 03:42
I dread evening time as I know I won't get any respite.

A person is feeling under a lot of stress due to issues at home or at work. Maybe also just worrying thoughts that are constantly troubling them.:winks:

One day they're out shopping. They walk into a shop and suddenly without warning they experience a frightening panic attack. They dash out of the shop and retreat back into the safety of their home. They then think to themselves, if they try going back to that shop, the same thing might happen again.

One day they have no choice but to go back to the shop but the thought terrifies them. They manage though to get to the shop but in a really anxious state. As soon as they enter the shop, a massive panic attack occurs again so once more they retreat back home.

The stress in their lives eases but they still find that every time they try to go in this shop, the panic occurs.

Why? The first time they experienced the panic attack in the shop was because they were feeling under a lot of stress and the shop was crowded making them feel trapped. When we're under alot of stress, we feel there's no escape from our fears so whenever we're actually in a closed space, we act out on the stress we're feeling due to the issues that are worrying us.

However, once those stresses ease, why then do we still have panics? The original panic can be so frightening that it instills fear so that every time we think about that situation in which it occurred, we only think of the fear we experienced. We become afraid of experiencing fear and that fear then re-creates the original panic every time we face that situation. Our fear of panic then creates our panics.

So........every time you dread evening time, you're convincing yourself that you Will experience panics, so you Do because you've become afraid of experiencing them........ I am really scared as my body must be on high alert all the time Your fear makes you Expect your panics so in turn they keep waking you like a habit that needs breaking by learning not to live in fear by not focussing on worries all day.:hugs: