PDA

View Full Version : hey plz can sum1 help!

k8e x
20-07-08, 16:53
hi guys i am 20 yrs old i suffer with panic attacks i am at uni but i am worried i will loose everythin i feel i am goin mad, i took cocaine a over 2 months ago which made me have a hudge pannic attack everyday 4 a week i made a hudge mistake and now i am consantly pannic as it was so horrible i will never touch cocaine again but when ever i am not busy i start to think which then makes me panic i am beggin for sum1 to say i will b ok plz can sum1 help me !!!!

marie1974
20-07-08, 16:56
awww hun welcome and i dont know much about drugs but im sure a few on here will be able to help you, actually a guy called welshlowrider on here has been off drugs 5 years and mayb able to help u understand how u feel. well u only did it once hun and u r lucky and im sure these panics u r having will be shortlived but u will get lots of advice and support here and meet new mates too hugs xxxx

kellie
20-07-08, 17:22
Hiya hun, welcome to nmp its lovely to have you here
you will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
I wish i had a pound for everytime i heard that someones panic attacks started after the use of some drugs. Its a lot more commen than you think it is.
Your body is now reacting to your fear of having a panic attack so you actually make one start. When we have a fear of something we get a very sudden adrenalin surge which is giving our body the power to fight or run ( fight or flight symdrome ) this will make your heart race and your body may even shake also go hot/cold, dizzy,feel sick and like you will pass out.
Try to take control of it and learn to reconise when it is happening
Take slow deep breaths and tell your mind to relax. you may not find this easy at first but the more you do it the faster the body learns to relax
A panic attack cant hurt you hun but it will leave you scared and felling like poo.
keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care

kellie.xxxxxxx

diane07
20-07-08, 18:46
Aww hun,

been there and done that, it will stop.
believe me it will stop. i know how hard it is, but it will calm down.

i would like to say try not to think about it too much but i know its easier said than done.

keep posting and we'll help you out.

best wishes

di xx

milly jones
20-07-08, 18:51
hi welcome to nmp

there are loads of ppl to help here hun

love milly xx

EmmaJane
20-07-08, 18:55
Hi K8E

Welcome to no more panic

ronski
20-07-08, 19:07
H
I am sorry to read that you are having such a bad time with panic attacks.

The way to defeat them is not to fear them. when they start, welcome them and say do your worst. By doing this you will recognise that it is yourself that is winding the panic. Also try not to fear the worst. I did as my fear was the thought of dying during one of these attacks. It is only when I realised it was that thought that was winding the whole process that the panic attacks subsided. Difficult and frightening but the above advice worked for me. I still have the start of panic but I do not get full blown attacks anymore.

Also live in the present with your thinking, as your brain has no concept of time. Thinking of past anxiety problems or future anticipatory thinking will start of the fight or flight responce.Do not dwell on bodily sensations and try and relax mentally.

I hope this is helpfull, life is for living not for worrying
all the best
Ron

k8e x
21-07-08, 00:40
hi guys just want to say thanks for all ur support and i am so glad to meet people like u on here who understand and are supportive today was so bad 4 me as i had a big attack i think its due to me goin bk 2 where i first ever had a attack but i have no choice i have 2 face it its where i live ! but u all have made me feel so much better so thanks 4 that i just real hope they go away though cos i cant cope !

ronski
21-07-08, 11:56
Dear K8e x

I am glad that you found some comfort on reading our messages of support. Try not to anticipate the anxiety when you return home. Think positively and say to yourself I will be fine, I was fine at home before the panic attacks started and remember do not fight the attack, just go with it and it will dissipate as you will not be feeding it.You may start the attack off with hyperventilating so slow your breathing using your stomach, try for around 12- 16 breaths a minute. This may also stop your attacks.

I hope this helps
Ron

Lindalou64
21-07-08, 12:04
Hello K8e And Welcome To The Site.....wish Ya Well.....linda

k8e x
21-07-08, 15:37
guys do u think i need help like a counciler or somethin and do u think i would benifit from some medication if so wat ? i can stop dwellin on pervious attacks which i feel makes them come back i just want them to dissapear will they ever go ??? x

weeble40
21-07-08, 15:41
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Beckster26
21-07-08, 15:54
Hiya k8e

Welcome to No More Panic

I have suffered with panic attacks for about 11 months and they are very scary. This is a great website and you will find that alot of people share the same fears.

I have been listening to some relaxation cd's I find this helps me. The cd's have helped with my breathing and has really helped me to clear my mind of all the horrible worries I have. I still have my attack but they are not has severe.

GOOD LUCK!!!!! xxx

Southern_Belle
21-07-08, 15:55
Hi,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. I know that many have had panic attacks after drugs or drinking alcohol. If you feel an attack coming on please try to distract your thinking. Also, try to live in the present, I find that if I look back in my past or if I worry about the future that is when I get into trouble.

Take care,

Laura

Take care,

Laura

nomorepanic
21-07-08, 21:13
Hi Bria

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help