PDA

View Full Version : Here I am again :-(

EmmaJane
20-07-08, 17:53
Hi all,

Some of you may know that my fear is cancer. I went downhill a month or so ago, after a long while. Have since picked myself up again.

Now Im back. Its not very lady like, but I had trouble yesterday with bowel movements. Today I am uncomfortable, which I knew I would be, but I have noticed what I would call a lump inside my anus. (this is not nice, but a worry). I got my husband to look, he said there is a litle pin head type cyst, and its white. Well, now I am now worried. Can anyone answer this, without tellin me to go to the docs please. Can you get cysts here? I seem to have them everywhere else. I have recently had a full blood count. Prolactin levels, kidney and liver function test. Pretty much every blood test. It was all normal. Would this of picked up some indication to an abnormality?

Thank you

Cathy V
20-07-08, 18:04
Hi there. I think blood tests show up most things, they certainly show if there is an infection present let alone anything more serious. When you say uncomfortable bowel movement, do you mean constipated? and thats why you have discomfort there now? i must admit ive never actually seen what haemorrhoids (piles) look like, but i have them and always imagine that they are pink and not white, so its possibly not that, but yes it could be a small cyst if you are prone to them, and also if you are passing very large hard motions then you could just have a small fissure (sore) which are not serious.

Hope this helps a bit
Cathy xxx

EmmaJane
20-07-08, 18:19
Hi Cathy,

Yes yesterday I was constipated, passing hard motions ( blimey this sounds awful :-) ). I would of thought of piles as pinkish, but again I havent seen them either.

I thought a full blood test, would show an indication to an abnormality, if nothing else.

Emma x

diane07
20-07-08, 18:28
you poor thing,

you can get cysts anywhere, for the fact that is has a whitehead i really wouldn't be worried, if its still there in a week then get it checked, but i definately wouldn't worry about it at all.

di xx

EmmaJane
20-07-08, 18:31
Hi Diane,

I am really trying to fight this one!!! I figured as it is white it doesn't indicate any sinister, a bigger lump, that cannot be seen or is under the skin, would be more of a problem??

diane07
20-07-08, 18:38
emma,

i honestly don't believe you have anything to worry about at all hun, and if it hurts it definately a cyst or a spot, if cancerous lumps hurt then everyone would notice them, honestly hun, give it a week and it will probably be gone, don't keep looking or you will agitate it.

di xx

EmmaJane
20-07-08, 18:43
The annoying thing is deep down, I know (same as we al do really). Still, bit better this time than I have been before. Ive been listening to some hypnosis CDs and found them to be really helpful.

Thanks for replying.

Charlottie
20-07-08, 20:11
Put a hot compress on it, as it has a white head on it should help draw the fluid out and it will pop by itself.

marie1974
20-07-08, 20:16
hi emma i just wanted add that im sure you got nothing to worry about honest, but i know how its easy to get into a panic cos i been there. anyway wanted to send u a huge hug and hope this panic passes quicky xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xx

EmmaJane
20-07-08, 20:18
Aww thank you donna xx

Charlottie, Thank you for your reply. This is guna sound crude, but its inside, which is why im worried :-(

Charlottie
20-07-08, 20:52
If you've had problems passing stools I assume you've probably injured yourself inside from straining.

You've had blood tests they would have shown up cancer if you had it, please try to relax.

EmmaJane
21-07-08, 10:32
well spoke to hubby today, he said its perfectly round, like a spot, no bigger than a pin head and a white head on it. hopefully i can forget it today. I dont think cancer would present itself like that WOULD IT???

There are no other lumps or rough skin.

Charlottie
21-07-08, 11:06
IT sounds like a pimple to me to be honest! The white head sounds like it has pus inside of it.

EmmaJane
21-07-08, 11:38
It does me aswell now :-) . I get on my own nerves at times, dread to think what others think :-) I just freaked when I found it and went into panic mode. This time I am not going to run up to the doctors. Ill just keep taking the tablets (as they say) lol. xx

strawberrie
21-07-08, 13:55
hi emmajane, this sounds just like a little pimple or something, not meaning to sound really crude but let's face it bumholes are not exactly an attractive part of the body and we don't generally get a good look 'up there' so who knows what we might find if we inpected it too closely! :ohmy:

i know its very hard to think logically about these things, but what sort of cancer would you think it could be? i have never EVER heard of cancer of the anus, and i really can't imagine any type of cancer ever presenting itself as a spot in your bottom!

i really really don't believe this could be anything serious at all :hugs:

ps i'm glad i'm not the only one who gets their hubby to check various parts of my body while i contort myself into un-ladylike positions! the joys of married life eh? :whistles:

EmmaJane
21-07-08, 14:18
Hi Strawberrie,

Yes I do find myself in some positions, things is I have a lot of weight behind me so sometimes its not easy LOL!!!:roflmao:

Bowel cancer is what im worried about and there was red blood, but i do know that red blood is not bad its dark, that rings the bells.:scared15:

petmad
21-07-08, 19:07
Hiya
I also have probs with bowels and hard stools and some days its so uncomfortable, it sounds like you have piles which are normal if you strain. I have got them and they are inside, you get them inside as well. I haven't a clue what colour they are but imagine if they are inside they wouldn't be pink? Get some stuff from the chemist and if it doesn't go the doc will help and confirm what it is.
I used to get shooting pains as well which the doc said piles can cause.
Hope this helps x

EmmaJane
21-07-08, 22:04
Thanks all for your replies, my panic on this one is now over. It lasted a day. No diazapam and no doctors trips. Thats a first for me. I have been doing a hypnosis course, which has been really good. Thanks Alan G if you read this.

I cant believe I am over this already, that is a first ever. I'm so pleased with myself :-)))

nomorepanic
21-07-08, 22:13
EJ - are you sure it isn't just some piles as well if you have bleeding.

Glad you feel better though

EmmaJane
21-07-08, 22:23
i dont know Nic, do piles have whiteheads?