PDA

View Full Version : I need help

peter34uk
20-07-08, 19:06
My left leg on the outer thigh. Its off on a tangent like its trying to push through the blood supply. Like a pulse, but fast. It went away but has comeback again andseems to move a bit up and down the thigh.

Anyone else have this??? Should I worry???

Alisonj
20-07-08, 20:58
Nope, likely a muscle twitch. Annoying but not harmful

joyce1980
20-07-08, 21:00
Your description is hard to understand, sorry.

But it sounds like good old twitching caused by anxiety to me.

It will come and go or stay for a while.

When you have anxiety your body releases quite a number of chemicals like Adrenalin and cortesone, this causes some strange symptoms when its released in your body over a long period of time.

it will be twitching and muscle jerks caused by anxiety but as always if it bothers you too much speak to your Dr for reassurance and proper advice.

:)

peter34uk
20-07-08, 21:22
thank you. It feels like a big pulse & its weird. Like when you have a pulse in your eye but its in the leg.

Really freaked me out.

Charlottie
20-07-08, 21:33
I think thre "pulse in your eye" feeling is actually also a muscle twitch, so this is most likely the same thing. I get them sometimes and you can actually see the skin in my leg rippling!

peter34uk
20-07-08, 21:53
I think thre "pulse in your eye" feeling is actually also a muscle twitch, so this is most likely the same thing. I get them sometimes and you can actually see the skin in my leg rippling!

Thankyou Charlottie. How long did yours go on for. Mine is 5 hours now :(

countrygirl
20-07-08, 22:24
I get muscle twitching anywhere on my body and have for years and years but most common place is eyelids and thigh muscles. It can last anytihing from minutes to hours every day for 6 months!!!!! That one was the most scary as my thigh muscle twitched constantly for months on end. I was reassured when my GP told me that for the first 6 montsha fter he qualified as a dr and working in hospital his legs twitched constantlky as well until he calmed down!!

I have even had a twitch in my stomach and that is very weird.

The more you worry about it the longer it will last believe me

Charlottie
20-07-08, 22:27
Yeah like country girl said there's not a fixed time for them really, the more anxious you are about it the more it will carry on. With anxiety your nervous system is on overdrive and sometimes sends signals where they're not needed!!

traciec39
20-07-08, 23:10
Definatley sounds like a twitch to me, i had one in my eye that lasted 3 months, and one above my lip lasted 7 weeks. I often get them in my outer arm too.
Silly thing i did was to put a very hot flannel on the area for a few secs then put a ice cold one on.......it stopped after a few hours.
Very odd i know!!!!

best wishes

Alisonj
21-07-08, 06:05
Sometimes I have the twitching for a couple days at a time. It can be strange because I dont feel anxious at the time but still have the twitching. Maybe try stretching or even yoga?

peter34uk
21-07-08, 10:06
cheers guys. now shifted to my lower leg & its the morning after. leg feels weird also like its strained but ill assume its anxiety.

was worried about a burst blood vessell or a blood clot or something!!

Charlottie
21-07-08, 11:07
Nono, if it was either of those it would be very very painful and the area would be swollen and hot to touch.