PDA

View Full Version : strange finger

eljay
20-07-08, 20:01
a few days ago i noticed my finger was hurting on the palm side at the joint near the nail, it looked like a blue tiny dot and felt bruised, well today it is swollen and red and blue all over above the joint to the nail, it hurts alot and feels badly bruised, when i bend it it feels odd as its swollen, I am certain i havent done anything to it as the way it looks i would have had to have give it a fair wack.

I honestly dont know what to worry or not worry about any longer:weep:

joyce1980
20-07-08, 20:55
You may have hit it in your sleep.

My side felt sore a month ago and i thought it was the muscle bet when i got home from work and looked it was a MASSIVE bruise and I have no idea how it got there, still don't I worried but gave it 4 days and it started clearing up.

Treat it as a bruise for the next few days and see how it goes, if it gets worse pop to the Drs and tell them your story.

I can't see how it would be anything dangerous, maybe a nail bed infection???

You just may not remember cos it didn't hut at the time.

:hugs: i'll bet in a few days it will go down.

eljay
20-07-08, 21:23
Thanks for replying joyce, its got worse over the last few days not better, even my hubby thinks its got worse throughout today, you just feel such an idiot going to the dr with a bad finger :blush:

Cathy V
20-07-08, 21:28
Could you have had an insect bite? mosquitoes creep up on me all the time in the summer and i dont know until i see the red swollen bit the following day, and theres usually a small mark in the middle. I know there are some infections that you can get around the nail itself, but you mention the other side of your finger...the palm side. Another possiblilty is a blood blister.

joyce1980
21-07-08, 09:40
Your not an idiot!!!!

How about you call the NHS line and ask them for a bit of advise and then if they say go to the Dr then that's what you were told to do!

This is what Dr's are for, they get paid so don't you feel bad one little bit!!!

eljay
21-07-08, 14:04
Thanks again all, I mentioned it to a girl at work today and she said it happens to her but in the joint below, it starts as a tiny dot [not raised] in the vein and then all above it goes red and blue and very painful, she thought hers was a burst blood vessel, she said that once it happened though it does keep coming back, I feel a bit easier about it now.

Thanks again x