PDA

View Full Version : hello

joe8
28-04-05, 20:47
Hi

I am a new member. Sorry to sound so down but I been suffering anxiety and depression for several years and since Oct2004 it has really taken my life from me. I dont go out anymore I can barely eat and can not sleep without medication.

I just chanced across this forum and I hope it can help me. From flicking through it I can see others have got benefit from it. Anyway, sorry to be so miserable on my introduction! Inside of me somewhere is someone happy waiting to come out again, maybe coming on here may help I hope so. Best wishes

Joe

Emmie
28-04-05, 20:51
Hi Joe,
theres no need to apologise-i understand exactly how you feel. I feel that anxiety has taken a part of me and is stopping me from being the person i am meant to be. What are the symptoms you suffer from?
I have only just found this site too and i hope that we can both find some help and guidance here.

Em x

henri
28-04-05, 21:11
Hi Joe,
Welcome! Don't apologise for sounding miserable - it's only natural that you should feel down if you've been suffering from anxiety and depression.
I don't know the ins and outs of your situation but with my anxiety i have found that my eating habits have been directly linked to it. when my panic first started i couldn't eat a thing and got progressively worse. i found that eating blended food helped - i even blended meat in stock water (foul, i know)! try and eat small amounts regularly, stuff like bananas that are easy to chew and swallow.
there are lots of people on here who have been through it all and come out the other end and i'm sure they will give you lots of advice.
take care,
henri x

joe8
28-04-05, 21:11
Hi Em,

I feel sick most of the time and I shake a lot. I often get blurry vision and recently the worst thing is I cant stand being around people it just seems to make me panic. I find this strange as I have had depression since 1996 and have always been an expert at putting a face on it and trying to do "normal" stuff but lately I just cant do it. I have lost most of my friends its so hard to find people who understand. I dont feel capable of being the person they used to know if that makes sense. Maybe you have similar experiences?

Lets hope youre right and we can get some reassurance here. Already the time is going quicker so thats a start I guess! thanks for replying x

carlin
28-04-05, 21:16
Hi Joe
welcome to the site, you have no need to apologise we are all in a similar situation, i think you will find a lot of information and support here, if it is at all possible, try to eat a little, it will make you feel a tiny bit stronger, maybe start with just a little soup, milk or milkshakes? something like that then move onto something a little more filling, scrambled eggs etc.. When you start to feel a little stronger than you may be able to deal, gently, with going out gradually. keep in touch and take care.

seh1980
28-04-05, 21:19
Welcome aboard Joe!! We are a friendly bunch of people and I'm sure you will get some good advice. Why don't you join us in the chatroom in the evenings? :D

vernon
28-04-05, 21:28
hiya joe welcome. why dont you try our chat room too? and if you wasnt poorly with anxiety and happy you wouldnt be here looking for answers? take care Vernon

joe8
28-04-05, 21:36
Sorry to sound daft but cant seem to find my way onto chat room. Can you tell me how to get onto it? Im useless with computers!

Thanks for welcoming me

Joe

Emmie
28-04-05, 21:47
Hi Joe,
what you say makes complete sense to me- i know what u mean when you say you cant be the person you used to be or are expected to be. I have friends who still dont know exactly how i feel and it creates a barrier because they expect me to be 'normal' and i find it hard and quite scary. I do put a face on it like you mentioned, whenever i can and this in a way does not help but i just feel like they wouldnt understand and i dont want people to think im crazy or that i should just be able to 'get over it' which i have been told on many occassions! That is the most frustrating thing to be told. i understand why you dont want to be around people-its easier sometimes to be alone and so nobody else has to get involved. However, it can leave you feeling extremely isolated and lonely and i guess this is where thsi website comes in. I went through a stage where i was sick every morning before having to go to work and i have recently started getting blurred vision and it worries me. I just wanted to share this with you so that you know you are not alone in your feelings and symptoms. I am hoping that sharing my experiences with others in similar situations will lead me, and others, to happiness
Take care
Em xxx

fran1888
28-04-05, 21:59
HI JOE, Welcome to the site.Its a real good site and there is alot of people here to help.With what you are going through, or just a chat. Hope you will be happy here with us.They have helped me alot and you dont want to no what ive been through in the last three years..So onces again enjoy this site..People here are great..

Frances Gill
Love & Respect to you all...

sal
28-04-05, 22:30
Hi Joe

Welcome to the site and i hope we can help you. Dont apologise for how you feel we have all being there or are still there and we are here to help each other.

Hope you got to the chat room and that has helped you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
28-04-05, 23:10
Hi Joe

Welcome to the forum. You'll get some good help and support here.

This is the link for the chat room:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/lounge/chat/chat.html

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
29-04-05, 17:07
Hi Joe,

Welcome.

Have you got any professional help with this , counselling, CBT, medication ?

Also, what do you do on a day to day basis to help yourself feel better and to strive towards recovery ?

What happened before Oct 2004 that made it so much worse ?

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Thoughts : Lets try to keep our thoughts in perspective (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=283)
More thoughts : Mind Games (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1789)
Thoughts: obsessive thoughts & anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3096)
Creeping fears : Has anyone else felt this symptom? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3080)
Freedom from thoughts: Have you ever achieved freedom from your thoughts (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3184)

See what you make of these ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

mom22
29-04-05, 19:43
Hi Joe,

Like you, I hit the skids in Oct and had a difficult time with eating. It would take me 1/2 an hour to eat a slice of toast! I got to the point where I bought liquid meal replacements, especially for first thing in the morning, because I could feel that not eating was making me feel a whole lot worse. Wasn't long after that that I was able to graduate to bananas, yogurt and cereal left in the milk a little too long so it was good and mushy!

I found it took a lot of energy to be all perky on the outside when I was feeling so crappy on the inside. You're lucky to have found this site. Everyone here is great and it helps with the isolation and loneliness to read the posts and be able to say to yourself "ya, me too"! Helped me to stop focussing on me! Hope it helps you too,

Take care,
Sue

maxine
29-04-05, 19:57
Hiya Joe,
Welcome to the site:D:D

Take care

Maxine

sal
29-04-05, 23:03
Hi Joe

How are things going for you?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

joe8
02-05-05, 12:24
Hi,

Thanks to everyone for their messages of support. I think this site is great.

To Meg - thanks for giving me those links I havent felt up to looking at them in any detail yet as I find it really hard to take things in when Im poorly and exhausted. To answer your questions as to why things are so bad and what help I have/not received would take years and bore evreyone to tears. Maybe I could send you a PM? But I warn you its a long story!

Thanks for your help xx

maxine
04-05-05, 14:13
Hiya joe,
Welcome to the site:D:D

Take care

maxine

pinkscrumpy
04-05-05, 19:01
Hi Joe

Welcome to the gang

I would love to hear your story in a post. I think it helps us all to understand eachothers worries a little better. I too soon will be posting my story which is also quite long winded. But hey if it helps me to get a few things of my chest then that has got to be good

with love

mandie

MANDIE XX

Meg
04-05-05, 19:07
All in your own time Joe .. No rush..

nomorepanic
05-05-05, 17:07
Hiya Joe

Welcome aboard.

Did you manage to get in the chat room ok ?

We would all love to read your story but if you prefer it to be private then we respect that too.

Good to have you on board.

Nicola