PDA

View Full Version : lips and face pins and needles????

bambamers
20-07-08, 20:44
hi everyone,

i havnt been on here for quite a while i had up until this week been feeling so much better.

tonight ive just been sitting browsing through internet when all of a sudden my lips started tingling then this has spread to my cheeks and eyes. like a pins and needles tingling that almost feels like a mild burning aswell like when you have caught the sun ( but i havnt ).

im worried as i think it cant be to do with anxiety because i didnt feel in the slightest anxious at the time.

can anyone help?

x

Charlottie
20-07-08, 20:53
You may have been hyperventilating and not realised as I get pins and needles in my lips, face and teeth!! when I hyperventilate. Try some slow deep breaths.

Alisonj
21-07-08, 06:09
Defintely could be shallow breathing or even somthing like a pinched nerve somewhere. The pins and needles feeling can be caused by many everyday things. Try not to worry about it as it is very common.

ShineUK
02-08-08, 20:20
Hi,
Just to let you know that I have had that constantly for the last week. At first it terrified me that I was having a stroke or something, but if I had been i wouldn't be here writing this!!!! It must be nerves as I'm not dead yet!!!!!

lainey
03-08-08, 11:27
Hi

I get this a lot too.
It's all to do with the way you breathe,probably too shallow without realising it. As Charlottie says try some deep breathing it really does help.
I get mine more before my period.

Take care

Elaine x