PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

wintermute
20-07-08, 22:26
Hello,

I'm 21 years old and have been suffering with anxiety and depression for the last few years. It was until recent that I did anything about it however. About nine months ago I was put on a low dose of citalopram (celexa) for anxiety and depression. I noticed a small difference but nothing substantial. Recently I was admitted to a hospital in patient program and was bumped from 40 to 80mg on my celexa and given a script for 50mg of seroquel to be taken as needed for anxiety. I'm hear to learn about my meds, take any advice, and hear other peoples experiences. Off the bat, does anyone have any knowledge on the drugs i am taking and the amount? I'm very curious and the doctors don't even seem to have very good answers for me.

Thanks all

alexis
20-07-08, 22:33
Hi and welcome, you will get lots of advice here and make new friends.There are lots on meds so Im sure the advice will soon pour in, xx

Alisonj
21-07-08, 06:15
Welcome! I am sure you will find this a great place to find support, info and meet people going through similar things as yourself.

Lindalou64
21-07-08, 12:15
Hello Wintermute And Welcome To The Site....i Was On Celexa For Awile It Did Help A Bit .i Never Heard Of The Other...take A Look Around The Forum Im Sure You Will Find Lots Of Info And Support.......wish Ya Well........linda

weeble40
21-07-08, 15:44
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Southern_Belle
21-07-08, 15:57
Hi Wintermute,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. I personally have never been on Celexa but we do have a medication forum that you might find some information there. Good luck.

Take care,

Laura

lorac
21-07-08, 17:59
Hello Wintermute

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

milly jones
21-07-08, 19:24
a warm welcome to nmp

ull get loads of advice and support here

milly xxx

nomorepanic
21-07-08, 21:07
Hi Wintermute

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

wintermute
22-07-08, 01:25
Thank you for the warm welcome! It is so nice to have a place to do some discussing! I'll be seeing you all around.

Nechtan
22-07-08, 14:45
Hi and welcome to nmp,

I hope you find someone who knows about your drugs and/or has taken them. It may no be the case with yourself but sometimes I feel it is easier to just medicate people without telling them why. Knowing why, what it's going to do and how it's going to help is probably as important as the drug itself in cases of anxiety.

All the best

Nechtan

wintermute
23-07-08, 08:47
Yes, I agree...i've been meeting with the doc and she has been assessing me fully. Thanks

kellie
23-07-08, 09:49
Hiya :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here.You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
Im sorry things are not good for you at the moment and i hope with the help of nmp you can start to improve things. Talking about your fears with other ppl who truly understand what its like can be so helpful so keep posting and we will help you as much as we can

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lilith1980
23-07-08, 12:48
Hi Wintermute

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx