PDA

View Full Version : Shower relaxation

Roscoe
28-04-05, 21:15
Here's some stuff I like to do while under the shower. It helps me to relax a great deal:

1. Chi-relaxation. A relaxation center near me offers this relaxation technique, but you can also do this under the shower. Chi-relaxation involves loosening your hip and neck (the two main points of your body which can turn on their axis) by moving sort of like a fish moves while swimming through the water. I like to sway my hips from left to right in a calm, peaceful way while under the shower. I usually lean my forehead against the wall, as it allows the muscles around my abdomen to relax better (it feels like they normally help to keep you upright, but when you lean your head against the wall, thew wall keeps you upright instead). Sounds a bit weird, but it works well. Make sure you breathe properly as well.

2. Very simple: consciously feel and enjoy the trickling of water on your head and body. Enjoy feeling the warmth of the water. I also imagine while washing off the soap that I'm at the same time washing off stress and negativity.

3. Tai-Chi. While washing myself, I try to turn it in to a sort of tai-chi thing (I've never done tai-chi yet, mut I imagine this must be quite similar). I move very slowly as I apply soap to my body, in the mean time focussing both on my breathing, and on the movements themselves. I try to consciously feel the body parts I touch (and that's not meant in a sexual way, you perverts :D), and I also try to consciously feel the movement of my arm as it's applying the soap. Especially movements which lift my arm above shoulder level (to wash your shoulders for example) feel great.

4. Dangle your arms. This one can be done outside the shower as well. And yes, it contains more stuff which can be interpreted in a sexual way. :D Bend over as if you're trying to touch your toes with your fingers. Only, don't go quite that deep. This is not about stretching your legs, it's about dangling your arms. So bend over until your back makes an angle of about 90 degrees with your legs. Then let your arms just dangle down and relax. That feels great. Getting up again can be done very slowly or quite fast, depending on your preferences.

I hope this helps.

As the evening sky faded from a salmon color to a sort of flint gray, I thought back to the salmon I caught that morning, and how gray he was, and how I named him Flint. - Jack Handy

seh1980
28-04-05, 21:24
[Wow!] will have to try some of those things!! :D

Roscoe
28-04-05, 21:34
I know how you feel, SpaceCadet. Showering is one of the highlights of my day right now. Feeling that water, while so simple, can be absolutely incredible.

Hey Seh1980, how about some pictures? ;)

As the evening sky faded from a salmon color to a sort of flint gray, I thought back to the salmon I caught that morning, and how gray he was, and how I named him Flint. - Jack Handy

seh1980
28-04-05, 21:41
pictures LOL :D

maxine
04-05-05, 16:05
hmmmm i'll give that a try, mind you i'll have to make sure the b/f isn't about when i do otherwise he'll get the wrong idea!:D:D