PDA

View Full Version : Prozac prescribed so easily.

lauraj
21-07-08, 08:20
I used to take Prozac and BB about 2 years ago. Came off them slowly and felt better but not totally fixed.

Over last few weeks Ive felt my symptoms coming back, I went to the Dr and she put me on Prozac straight away, as well as BB. I'm not sure whether to take them or not, it just seemed so easy to go back on them and dont know if its best for me. Last time they took months to put me on them.

JoT
21-07-08, 11:20
Hi Laura, your story is just like mine.

I was on prozac for panic disorder 2 yrs ago they made me so much better and I came off them after about 7 mths.

I began to feel bad again a month ago and my doc has prescribed them again, I felt the same as you about taking them. I think it depends on how you bad you feel right now, I was in a terrible state so I needed to.

I have been on them now for about 3 weeks and I do feel a lot better already, though not completely right yet.

I've kept a diary of my progress on them this time so I can look back and see how I was if I go through this again.

The link is below, feel free to visit. PM me if you want to talk some more. :)

Jo x

jill
21-07-08, 11:52
Hi hun :D:hugs:

The hardest thing I have ever had to do, is to understand, panic, anxiety AND myself.

I do know, from what I have read and I have talked to many people, that meds can work, BUT, if you don't address, the casue of the panic, anxiety, it is possible for symptoms to apear again OR, the problem that caused your first pa or your anxiety has gone but you have not learned how NOT to fear pa, anxiety.

The hardest thing to know and understand is, there is ALWAYS a reason for panic, anxiety, sometimes, its finding it thats dame hard.

Do you know the root cause of your panic, anxiety? if so, have you addressed this problem? do you think that you have not learned how NOT to fear panic, anxiety?

From what I know is, YES, meds are given sooo easy, BUT, they can help, but, you have to address, while on the meds and getting a brake from, panic, anxiety, what caused it in the first place, it is true, that some people go on meds and whatever caused there first pa has gone, so, when they come off the meds they are fine and get on with there lives.

I was told to pick away at my panic, anxiety, find out its root cause, YES, I did find it, but what I was left with was the fear of panic, high levels of anxiety, there was nothing else going on in my life, at that time, which would cause me to feel this way. which this great site helped soooo much.

I myself had alot of small goels to reach, NOT just about panic, anxiety, but learning how NOT to self harm, you may see self harm as cutting yourself, I DID NOT DO THIS, my self harm was the way I talked to myself, never liked myself very much, had nooo confidance with ANYTHING. I had done thisfor many, many years, So, started little by little, across the board, chipin, chipin away, little at a time, small steps, not only with panic, high anxirty, but learning about myself too, learning to like myself, it has taken me along time to get where I am, (panic high anxiety free) I owe this site alot.

Hun, there is no easy pathway in getting better, there is not just one person who you can talk to who will say, ohhh just do this, just do that, OHHH I WISH THERE WAS, its a combanation of many, many things, learning all about panic, anxiety, but just as important, learning about YOURSELF too.

Only you know if its best to use these meds hun, as I have said, meds can help, but try and find out the root cause and address it, ohh boy, not easy.

WISHING YOU WELL

LOVE JILLXXX

Zaffi
20-08-08, 09:44
Hi

About 8 years ago when i first experienced a high anxiety state and saw the doc he all but begged me to go onto Prozac to help the symptoms..I have always been against prescribed medicines but the doc convinced me to try Prozac for just a month to see the difference. What i really hoped for was some sort of therapy to talk through the underlying cause for my anxiety but the waiting list was months so..i agreed to try the Prozac.One month later the pills had no effect whatsover and so the doc suggested try just one more month..Another month passed and still no effect so i stopped them and found a therapist privately.
I know people though who have had good results from Prozac.