PDA

View Full Version : My head again

precious78
21-07-08, 09:06
I have posted a couple of threads on my head symptoms and I know a lot of people complain about it.

I am really worried that somethings is wrong. I am at the Dr on Wednesday but I know what she's going to say and partly wonder if there is any point going.

I can't seem to get across that there isn't any head ache, it is just pressure, like a balloon has been blown up in my head and that at any minute it is going to pop. My ears are full, my eyes are full. My whole head just feels like it's ready to pop. When I move I can feel it in the top of my head. My eyes feel strained as well.

It's worse when I'm at work, the lights really bother my eyes and my eyes feel dry all the time as well.

I keep getting told it's a tension headache but I thought that was a band around your head, not on the crown of your head. I feel dizzy a lot as well.

I keep getting really hot as well which makes my symptoms worse.

Someone mentioned intercranial pressure to me and I can't seem to get that out of my mind. And if so surely I am in danger.

I've never had high blood pressure so I just can't understand what it is and am trying not to think the worse.

colleen224
22-07-08, 05:32
hi precious,

i too have had major anxiety about head-related symptoms. i was getting sharp, stabbing and sometimes throbbing pain in the back of my head near the top of my right ear, as well as intermittent pain above my right eye. i had an MRI scan of my brain which came back normal, thank God. i too have had a hard time accepting that anxiety could be the cause of my pain, but the more i talk with other people who suffer from anxiety, the more sense it makes.

has anyone mentioned trigger points to you? if not then you might want to look into them on the internet. i now believe that the pain i get is from trigger points that i have in my neck, back and shoulder muscles. here is a link with info about trigger point pain...

www.triggerpoints.net

take care and try to relax :)

Colleen

Sax
22-07-08, 06:13
Are you on any medication?

Are you congested at all having recently had a cold or flu like symptons?

I can't emphasize enough how increasing your water intake can help with headaches or such like problems. 'we' don't drink enough and its important to keep your body hydrated. I keep a 3 litre bottle of tap water in the fridge and drink at least all of it daily. Just a tip x

precious78
22-07-08, 08:54
On no medication, not got a cold and I drink 2 litres a day!

tayside lassie
22-07-08, 09:15
hiya precious...i have anxiety back/forth and get headaches cause of it ..but the symptoms you describe i suffer with them daily from mild to severe but i have sinus problems ..its 6 weeks now since i had some kind of cold virus it will take up to 3 months for every thing to settle down again ...Ive had sinus probs for about 13 years but its only this last 4-6 years they have become severe ..do you think you could have sinus probs yourself ?...

sally

precious78
22-07-08, 09:41
Well this did cross my mind but I have no nasal discharge and had some antibiotics a while back which did nothing.

I don't get a head ache though, it's just pressure and a feeling of fullness in my head. Especially at the crown and back and then in the front soemtimes. It makes my eyes feel very tired and bulgy and dry. And I always look like I've had no sleep whatsoever.

How would I know if it's sinus? I don't think I have a particularly bunged up nose or anything. And is there anything I cna do to make it better if there is no infection?

Lisa D
22-07-08, 20:38
Hey,
Yeah I can totally understand what you mean by a pressure and the dizziness/hotness, I get the same thing- been getting it for about a month, and often a dull ache in my head which lasts a minute or so then disappears. I'm pretty sure its just anxiety- I don't suffer from headaches or anything, so went to the doctors with this pressure and she did a urine diabetes test on me- came back clear, and did my blood pressure, which was fine. I've had it since about January on and off, and did the dreading thing of Googling, which pointed me immediately to a brain tumour. Which was nice to hear when you're health phobic like me, as you can imagine. So, I figured it could be my eyes- and besides, like my Dr said, opticians can see any brain tumour type probs through your eyes- mine were healthy. I was suffering from floaters too so I was anxious about that.

But yeah, I'd advise seeing your optician to get an eye test if you're worried- they can tell if anything is putting pressure on your skull by your eyes, the vessels in the back of your eyes etc etc. They can check for various things. It may help put solutions to a few of your worries.

I hope that helps, but yeah I know how you feel, its reeeeally irritating!

x

precious78
23-07-08, 11:06
Hi Lisa D

I have infact been to my opticians as I knew they could tell stuff. They didn't seem to think there was anything wrong but wanted me to go to the hospital just to make sure but my Dr doesn't think it necessary! So that is where it stops!

In the meantime I still have the feeling my eyes are bulging out of my head!

Trixie
23-07-08, 12:56
Hi Lisa D

I have infact been to my opticians as I knew they could tell stuff. They didn't seem to think there was anything wrong but wanted me to go to the hospital just to make sure but my Dr doesn't think it necessary! So that is where it stops!

In the meantime I still have the feeling my eyes are bulging out of my head!

Don't worry I don't think it is anything to do with brain tumours.

gtrgrl3369
23-07-08, 14:24
I wanted to let you know that I suffer from exactly the same thing. I get this really bad pressure in my head, not a headache but pressure that feels as if it going to explode. My balance is usally messed up with it also to where I feel as if I might fall over at any minute. My eyes dot he whole bugging thing too. I went to the doctor who did every test known to man on me and they all came back negative. I was told that it was anxiety and that this is the lonest and most bothersome syptom to deal with. I was told I could take meds for my nerves or benadryl to help me calm myself. I chose benadryl. I can remove myself faster from them than narcotics. It works for me. I know its hard, I have it everyday, just about all day, but remember to drink your water and dont let it spiral out of control. I hope this helps you. Take care:winks:

mschreiber07
23-07-08, 17:10
Hi my name is marisa. I had a sinus cold back in april 2008 and after that i have had this constant daily pressure headache and now neck ache. It feels at times like my head wants to pop. Everytime I tell people or my doc that the pressure is at the top of my head where the babys soft spot is, they look at me like im crazy but thats where it is. at times it is at my eyebrow line. my neck is sore too. everyday. i take ibuprofen 800, excedirn migraine and tylenol and nothing helps. i also take xanax at night but nothing helps. i was admitted to the hosp in june for 3 days and treated for migraines and that didnt help. I went to an ent yesterdxay and he claims my sinuses are clear. ive been on antiobiotic after antibiotic and still nothing helps. ive been to a dentist to see if it was me clenching my teeth at night and that wasnt it. i went to an eye doc and thats not it, i am my wits end. i feel warm constantly too and take my temp all the time and at times i do get to 100. but most of the time i am normal. i am at times dizzy, unbalanced and naucious. if anyone feels the same with the pain on the top of their head like a pressure like. please email me! mschreiber07@aol.com it almost feels like im groggy and like a hangover! even though i dont drink! thanks....

precious78
24-07-08, 09:24
gtrgrl3369 - do you take bendryl to calm you down? I thought this was for allergies? Have I misunderstood you?

Marisa I think you have just described my symptoms perfectly. I could have written that. My pressure is around my face and in the top of my head where you describe. It makes my eyes feels really tired and like they're strained. The bridge of my nose hurts and sometimes across my eyebrows. I don't take pain relief for mine because I'm not in pain as such.

precious78
24-07-08, 12:28
Today my ears blocked up so much I thought my head would pop! This has subsided now but would a sinus problem come and go during the day? I don't think there is an infection as I don't have any nasal discharge, and any that there is is normal so I can't see how it could be my sinuses.

gtrgrl3369
24-07-08, 14:31
I take the benadryl because my doctor has advised me that it can act as an antianxiety med. It does calm me down. It also helps witht the allergies and pressure in my head. Sometimes my allergies get so bad I want to pull my nose and my eyes off my face and put them in the freezer. When the benadryl kicks in it makes me feel like I am calmer so I take it. I know quite a few people who take it for the pressure in their head and it works. I can not take xanxax because it causs me to get violent so I am scared to take any other nerve med.:wacko:

precious78
24-07-08, 14:46
No I don't like medication of any kind as a rulebut I'm ok with antihistamines! So I might give it a try.

joyce1980
24-07-08, 16:04
Pressure, sore eyes, head pain??? Sounds like severe sinus infection to me.

joyce1980
24-07-08, 16:05
Try sudafed, when i get them I don't have nasal discharge not until well after a few months of the sinus problem

I just get loads of pain and pressure, tilt you head down to the floor, does it hurt your head?? if yes, I'll be you have sinus.

precious78
24-07-08, 16:06
Now that's one thing I can't take as it makes me anxious.

joyce1980
24-07-08, 16:10
Hmm so can you take any decongestant?
Speak to your chemist, you may need antibiotics to clear it up, sinus can be soo painful and goes on for months, Drs leave it until you complain

precious78
24-07-08, 16:14
I had some antibiotics a while back but they didn't do anything. I don't think it is an infection as such if that is what it is because I would have yukky green discharge?

They are always very uninterested whenever I've gone in the past. I have had this before but you get yourself into thinking it is much worse and that's what happened. Think I'll try steam inhillation again tonight but that doesn't seem to do much either.

I had a though that there might be something wrong in my nasal passages, like a deviated septum or a polyp or something but they're never interested and won't send you anywhere to get it checked.

joyce1980
24-07-08, 16:21
A sinus infection means the blood vessels in your sinus passages become swollen and create your symptoms.

There does not need to be mucus or discharge, I just get bad pain.

if you are suffering from sinus, the symptoms will come and go, I get two bouts a year and they last for 3 months

kahi35
24-07-08, 17:04
Hey Precious the dizziness drives me crazy my neurologist says it may be from my inner ear. I have that pressure to in my head at work i guess when I'm anticapating my dizziness or when i feel any body symtoms. I don't even want to goto work most times. My Doc says is from bad posture and the muscules in your neck. Wish i would get up one morning and it would be all gone. take care and will be praying for you.
Aloha
Gordean