PDA

View Full Version : how can i get stronger?

c700
21-07-08, 12:14
Suffer from bad health anxiety. Past month i have thought i have had appendixicis (cant spell) or somthing wrong with my bowl or overies. Due to a pain in my stomach. Been to doctors and she said it was just IBS which i have had on and off for a few years. A few months before that i was shaking and thought i had something wrong with my blood or thyriod. YOu get the picture.

I stuggle to belive what the doctors say and find it very difficult to cope with things that life gives me. My partner says i need to get stonger as the things that make my anxiety worse are just what happens in life. My close unlce died this year, my partners sister recently found that she had a cyst ob her overies. I went to visit her in hospital and thought i was going to collaspe.
Sorry for going on.......... Any ideas on how to cope and become stonger
I would like to start a family in the next couple of years but wouldnt be able to cope with the stress of hospital visits etc.
Doctor has refferd me to see a councellor but not how much they help.

precious78
21-07-08, 13:04
Hi again

This sounds very familiar to me and I'm not sure how many ideas I can offer but I just wanted to say that I know how you feel.

I had the stomach pain which I mentioned in your other post, and had a shaky spell a while back. All my blood tests came back normal for thyroid and blood sugar.

Your uncle dying and your partner's sister is bound to have affected you. One of my family members died a couple of months ago and even though we weren't very close it really played on my mind for a long while and affected more than I thought it had. And I often find that if someone has something you start imagining the symptoms as well. But what are the chances you would both have the same thing? Very slim. I do this all the time. Someone at work recently was diagnosed with liver cancer and of course I started getting indigestion and pains in my stomach. Nightmare.

I think you should relaly give the counselling a go. If it is CBT it should be good. They are usually well trained to deal with us HA suffers. Just wish I could get some.

EmmaJane
21-07-08, 13:16
Hi I am also just like you. Put a post in yesterday re a health issue, put another in a while back. Its a bit like ping pong.

My brother died 9 years ago, we were waiting for a phone call to say he had died. Waited for this call for about 10 years. So from 20-30 years old, I was waiting. When it did finally come I had nothing to wait for, so I think this is why I have now got the health anxiety. Waiting for bad news, that something is wrong with me. ( I have gone off the subject havent I, Sorry)

Im having CBT now, which is helping me slowly, it does take time though.

I guess I'm just letting you know, I understand how you are feeling. xx