PDA

View Full Version : Meds and sleeping.

noonoo
21-07-08, 12:32
I've been on this medication since April, and only the past two weeks solid i've noticed i'm having, not horrible... but upsetting dreams. Last night I kept waking up almost every hour and had a dream that upset me when I woke up. The dream was that a fire somehow started in my bedroom, I was all on my own, i'd just done up my room how I wanted it and I was happy (which I am doing at the moment strangely enough), fire alarms were going off all over the house, I dialed 999 but they didn't get here quick enough, my room and everything I ever loved was destroyed.

I had a job interview this morning and it took me a good few minutes to stop checking my hair straighteners!!

Can meds do this while we sleep?

:wacko:

noonoo
22-07-08, 16:08
Also, is it possible to feel more anxious when on your period? It's just something i've noticed on the second day.

milly jones
22-07-08, 17:57
hi hun
i find anxiety in general affects my dreams. i had real problems sleeping. my meds were changed and this has improved. ive only taken propanolol when i ws returning to work some years ago so for me it isnt that.

i was told that dreams are often the minds way of dealing with anx. so praps the build up to ur job interview was on your mind too.

take care mill xx

Lou~Lou
22-07-08, 20:56
Dreams are a side affect of Propranolol. I have very vivid dreams on them some, are most upsetting and can put my whole day out of balance. Some are quite nice - have had some very erotic ones about Robbie Williams a few times. Those I tell my self are more of an out of body experience :roflmao:

noonoo
03-10-08, 13:01
I had another upsetting dream last night that my sisters fiance got killed and she was heavily pregnant running around a hospital seeing all these people lying on beds bleeding and she wouldn't talk to me, she was just confused. It was really disturbing and I woke up feeling sick :weep:

Dazza
03-10-08, 13:49
these sounds like anxiety dreams to me. I've had lots over the summer, dreaming of planes crashes, death, my partner leaving me etc.

I'm more relaxed at the moment, and as a result, the dreams are much less dramatic now, and sometimes, even a bit fluffy!

thinker_bell
03-10-08, 14:27
hi peeps, when i first started with all this anxiety lark almost 6 yrs ago my dreams were hurrendous n the night tremors were unbearable, i thought it was the meds n stopped taking them which calmed it down a little but then they started again without meds wakin up at daft o clock sweatin, heart thumpin, disorientated n with the fear of god in me!! was just awful.. i have been back on the meds for 4 yrs, first citalopram, them sertraline then escitalopram with propanalol also but i wont take the propanalol dont ask why, im just strange about meds!
the dreams kinda calmed down but just the past 4-5 months my dreams have been terrible again n the wakin up in the night terrified n palugued by my dreams feeling all the next day is all back, my doc has upped my dosage of escitalopram which i will start nxt wk wen my others have run out and fingers crossed i will get an actual sleep without being woken up scared for my little boy or my partner or any loved one, fingers crossed !! siobhan xxx:wacko:

keepemlaughing
03-10-08, 16:37
I love to dream, my current medication keeps me from it most nights. Even bad ones are quite an experience. Just know that they probably are just anxiety and are not a premonition of danger. Hope your next one is feeled with happiness.
Blessings,
Sheryl

Sibarker
13-10-08, 13:55
I'm not 100% sure that my propanolol has affected how much i dream and what i do dream. I dreamt alot before i had anxiety anyway but i do take propanolol before i go to sleep anyway as i feel it helps me sleep but my dreams are too very vivid indeed. Last night i dreamt that 2 of my old flat mates were having a fight and one of them smashed a bottle and stabbed the other one!! and i had to ring for an ambulance! It was horrible. But then again i think they are just general anxiety dreams, as some nights i have a perfectly pleasant nights sleep. But i do find i always wake up around 4/5 o clock for some reason, not sure quite why.....

but anyway hope this helped