PDA

View Full Version : Hello

JLH
28-04-05, 22:25
This is my first time doing anything like this. My name is James, I have been suffering from Anxiety for about a year now. I keept thinking it would just go away. My anxiety has only changed from work, money, travel and now health. I feel as if I am going to go crazy. Because the latest is my health I have been monitoring all of my body functions and looking up various symptems on the internet. I dont think this is helping me. I also think I have IBS which I have recently been to a Dr about. He ordered a CT Scan - this has sent me through a loop. I was so anxience during this time just knowing I was terminaly ill. Ever since the test I have not been able to think streight. I have a lot of panic attachs since.

Now that my panick is comming under control about 4 days ago I started feeling like I am living in a dream . I feel very cloudy, lightheaded, etc. I am not sure what this is, I am very nervious it is something serious. Has anyone else felt like this. I hope I am not going crazy or have some other illness in my brain.

Thought I would get some stuff off of my chest. thanks for reading.

sal
28-04-05, 22:27
Hi James

Welcome to the site. You are not going mad or suffering something serious, it is anxiety and it can make the smallest incidents feel like they are life threatening. You just need some support and to realise how you feel by no way are you alone.

Welcome to the site.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
28-04-05, 23:12
Hi James

Welcome to the forum.

You are definitely not going mad but I doubt there is one of us that hasn't had that worry at one time or another.

Hope we can help you through this.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
29-04-05, 10:42
Welcome to the forum James!! :D

Meg
29-04-05, 14:46
Hello James,

Anxiety as you have found, can take many forms and guises ..

Your job is to keep one step ahead or at least catch up with it quick..

First Steps : First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Your dream like state is probably DP or DR - it passes as you calm down

Depersonalization: D/Personalisation (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2304)
derealisation/depersonlisation (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2512)
Hi new member mom w/ panic and dp/dr (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1239)
Disassociation (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2732)

when will this feeling leave? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2971)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

carlin
29-04-05, 18:12
Hi James,
Welcome to the site, take time to read all that you can, it will help you understand exactly what's happening, you are not alone, nor going mad, most of us can relate to the symptoms you describe. and we are hear to help or advise, keep in touch and try not to be scared. p.s. don't look up any symptoms, it will not help at all - just makes your mind go into overdrive....

maxine
29-04-05, 20:00
Hiya James
Welcome to the site:D:D

Take care

Maxine

sal
29-04-05, 23:02
Hi James

How are you getting on at the moment?

Hope you are feeling a little better.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

henri
30-04-05, 22:48
hi james,
welcome to the site, hope you find it helpful,
henri x

JLH
02-05-05, 15:05
I doing okay. I am meeting with a therapist today, I am hoping he will be able to help. This feeling of not being real, almost lightheaded and really sent me through a loop. I have also started reading a few books on panic and trying to do some relaxation and breathing. I have also tried to destract myself but I always find I am checking my head to see if I am still feeling the same way. I am finding it difficult to distract myself. I am very anxious about my health right now. Every little pain, twitch etc gets me thinking I have something serious wrong with me.

I am just plugging along. I am hoping the feeling of living in a dream goeas away soon. I hope this feeling is nothing more than depersonilztion. I keep thinking I may something wrong with my brain and then my anxiety shoots out of control. What a cylce I am in!

Thanks for all of the help, this site and forum have been helpful.

James

mom22
02-05-05, 17:04
Hi James,
I'm pretty new here too and just wanted to let you know that our situation is eerily similar! I convinced myself that I had all sorts of physical ailments as well but by reading ALL the posts here I was able to get it through to myself that these are the symptoms of anxiety! The more we dwell on the physical stuff, the worse it gets. And you're right, distraction is really hard but start small. I played solitaire on the computer, did word searches and cleaned the bathrooms (you can't feel the muscle twitches when you're scrubbin' the tub!)

I hope you have a beneficial meeting with the therapist.

all the best,

Sue

Meg
02-05-05, 21:05
Hi James,

What you're describing is what most of us have been through to some extent in our own foibled way.

Try to think that our bodies are made up of zillions of moving bits, its normal for them to occasionally want to move and settle again- bit like an old house when the heating goes off, it creaks about for a bit.

Sometimes just train yourself whatever it is - its not lifethreatening but if its there still in 3 days I'll get it checked out and refuse to allow yourself to go down the 'what if' route any more that hour.

Its very hard to do but if you start with a little thing and suceed, it gives you motivation for the next thing ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

pinkscrumpy
02-05-05, 22:52
Hi James

I'm new here too and every little pain I have I also convince my self it is something major.

You are not alone and I hope we can all get through this together.

Mandie

MANDIE XX

nomorepanic
05-05-05, 17:18
Hi James

Just wanted to welcome you aboard the site and hope that we can be of some help.

What happened at the meeting with the therapist the other day and how did it go?

Nicola