PDA

View Full Version : wonky walk

berkshiregirl
21-07-08, 14:41
hi all does anyone ever get the feeling like they are being pulled to one side all the time i am freaking out with this feeling xx

precious78
21-07-08, 14:45
I had this a while back when I had a dizzy spell as well. Cleared up and I felt upright again!

berkshiregirl
21-07-08, 14:49
is horrible feeling keep worrying i may have had a stroke or something

precious78
21-07-08, 15:02
No, I am pretty sure you'd have more things wrong with you. But I know what you mean.

jill
21-07-08, 23:34
Hi hun,

I have had this on 2 occations in my life, the first was due to a middle ear infection, which was treated.

Now, the second, the feeling of being pulled to one side, was due to anxiety, when I was acute I had this alot, it did pass with time, I am panic, high anxiety free now, ohh boy, I do analize things.

A few months ago, I went to monkey world, I do have a fear of some animals, hehe, thought I would face this fear, sooo, in monkey world, YOU go into the cages with the monkeys, ohh boy, there where lots of them, just walking around, they could have came up to me at any time. I did feel fine with no anx, well, what I call normal anx, untill the feeling of being pulled to one side happend, I did at this time, laugh it off, I eccepted it being there and just linked my daughter, I put it down to me being very scared of the monkeys and looking over my shoulder all the time in fear of one jumping on me LOL

So, for me, this symptom, was given a reason for being there, I always have done that, gave my symptoms reasons for being there, told myself it was ok, had a great day.

Not sure if I have been of any help, but maybe a little, just knowing your not alone.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

Nechtan
22-07-08, 15:20
Like Jill I first experienced this when I had an ear infection and it was scarey. My mind was filled with all sorts. The Doc confirmed the infection and although I was given treatment it never fully went. When I went to hospital for a check up they found a small perferation on the ear drum that they said could have been a result of the infection.

When I get anxious my balance is the first to go. My infection was in the right ear and that is the side I am pulled towards. I also get a bit dizzy sometimes if I am walking and have to turn to look behind me. Over time I've adjusted to this.

I think your sensation will be anxiety related but it might be worth getting your ears checked by the doc. There might be a little treatable problem there that comes to light with your anxiety. Then again it might just be the anxiety itself.

All the best

Nechtan

berkshiregirl
23-07-08, 19:56
thankyou all for your lovely comments and reassurance i am feeling much better is definatley worse when my anx is bad thankyou all again so much xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jill
23-07-08, 22:07
Hi Berkshiregirl :D :hugs:

Its good to hear the replies have reasured you hun and that your feeling better.

You take care:hugs:

LOVE JILLXXX