PDA

View Full Version : PC Problems

bottleblond
21-07-08, 20:10
Hi folks,

I got a bit of a problem with my pc and was wondering if anyone has had similar problems or can advise me how to fix it.

I keep getting a siren sound coming from my tower which is driving me potty and now along with that, my PC is beginning to run slower and slower. I have tried leaving it off for long periods of time just incase it was overheating and i have also hoovered the fans at the back incase of any dust build up, but it has don't no good at all :doh:

I would appreciate any suggestions before i throw the whole thing out the window...lol!!

Love Lisa
xxx

marie1974
21-07-08, 20:29
hiya my hubby is pc whizz he says inside the pc u need to open the case, look at main circuit board, there should be a big fan on the board. behind the fan is a heat sink, it will look abit like a metal grill, it will need to be blown out and cleaned of fluff. hope this works and u understand lol

bottleblond
21-07-08, 20:39
ok i will defo give this a try and let you know how i get on!

Thanks alot

Love Lisa
xxx

marie1974
21-07-08, 20:39
hope it works mate fingeys crossed for ya xx

bottleblond
21-07-08, 21:38
Thanks alot for that! it seems to have worked so far! :yesyes:

other parts need cleaning too but i can't get to them.

Tell your bloke he is a genuis and he has saved me sanity.

many many many thanks again
Love Lisa
xxxx

:bighug1::flowers:

marie1974
21-07-08, 21:56
lol u may need to get the rest of that fan blown out mate as it may cause more probs and also make sure fans are working properly inside. blimin pcs i hate them lol

waccyman
22-07-08, 13:05
I was gonna say get some compressed air and blow the heatsink and fan also leave the cover off, turn the pc on and make sure that the fan is spinning nice and fast. It does sound like a overheating problem, hopefully this will help

IrishPrincess
22-07-08, 13:29
Would anyone know why my screen is taking like an hour to come on,the pc itself comes on after a min cos i can hear it but the screen taking ages,anyone know why?

marie1974
22-07-08, 14:06
hi karen i will ask my hubby later when he home lol he will have a list waiting hehehe

bottleblond
22-07-08, 17:28
did it all and the bloomin thing is still screaming at me! i feel a very naughty swear word brewing!! lol

Tom_M
22-07-08, 17:37
It could be that your sleeve bearing as gone on the CPU fan, if it's a bearing less fan? You could temporary disconnect the fan to see if the noise goes, but don't stop it working for long though. Or other fans inside the case.

Tom

bottleblond
22-07-08, 20:29
Lol Tom.....i AM blonde you know!!! haha!! i think i'll just have to send it off to be looked at :lac:

xxx