PDA

View Full Version : Are propranolol addictive and how many

breakingoutthistime
21-07-08, 23:35
This weekend the last weekend have been awful as anxiety and tension was soared didnt go out as feel like cant cope without prop.
The slow realease 10 mg tabs slow down the heart and although feel knocked out by them they stop the sudden rush of adrenaline and can cope and accept things better.
Problem is like the weekend didnt have any rescue remedy works in relaxing but it dont have the same adrenaline control that prop has.
Some people take like 80 to 100 mg daily what is the safe amount to take if am very anxious etc for an 27 old male who also takes venlafaxine 150 mg daily one capsule which want to come off very badly.
Other alternatives like kalms and aconite etc ginseng are just not as strong no where near.

Cathy V
22-07-08, 00:18
Hi...its a difficult question to answer. I would say that any meds that make you feel better can become addictive if your body misses them when they are withdrawn. 10mg isnt a high dose but maybe thats because of the other meds you take possibly. when i was on propranolol i had 80mg slow release and had withdrawal from them. Im still taking betablockers to reduce my blood pressure but now take Bisoprolol and they seem a bit gentler on my system. Always remember that we are all different though.