PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe to go into work?

tantopat
22-07-08, 08:30
I know this will probably sound incredibly stupid, but it is genuinely worrying me, and so I just have to ask. Anyway, I was kept up for most of last night by mosquitoes in my room (I somehow convinced myself they were carrying some nasty tropical disease, and spent a lot of the night trying to catch them all and take them outside, since I couldn't bear to actually kill them), and slept a total of somewhere between 4 and 5 hours. I feel exhausted now, but Mum says I still have to into work anyway. I'm worried that going in when I'm so tired might be bad for me, though (my legs feel really weak, and I'm worried that I might fall over or something like that). Is it safe to go in when I'm feeling like this?:unsure:

tattyteddy
22-07-08, 08:36
work may help keep your mind off it but depends on what your job is
also dont push yourself harder then you feel happy to

Trixie
22-07-08, 08:43
I know this will probably sound incredibly stupid, but it is genuinely worrying me, and so I just have to ask. Anyway, I was kept up for most of last night by mosquitoes in my room (I somehow convinced myself they were carrying some nasty tropical disease, and spent a lot of the night trying to catch them all and take them outside, since I couldn't bear to actually kill them), and slept a total of somewhere between 4 and 5 hours. I feel exhausted now, but Mum says I still have to into work anyway. I'm worried that going in when I'm so tired might be bad for me, though (my legs feel really weak, and I'm worried that I might fall over or something like that). Is it safe to go in when I'm feeling like this?:unsure:

You will be OK people that go out clubbing have less sleep than that and I hear Margaret Thatcher survived on 4 hours sleep per night:ohmy:

tantopat
22-07-08, 08:54
Thanks for the reassurance, and I'll definitely make sure not to push myself too much! ;^^ Oh, and Trixie, that was actually quite spooky; my Mum said the exact same thing about Margaret Thatcher when I asked her about feeling tired after posting this! Great minds think alike, I guess! :P

kate
22-07-08, 09:16
You'll be fine.

I once went to work on 2 hours sleep, drove there with my windows wide open to keep me awake!

Kate

milly jones
22-07-08, 12:53
i think making decisions with anx is so difficult.

u dont want to let anyone at work down, and dont want them to think badly of u.

but ur aware that is u make mistakes ppl will judge u too.

i went to work when clearly the amount of sleep id had affected my performance. when it got to the stage when i was being physically sick at the thought of making small mistakes and dealing with them, i realised that i was more a liability than an asset.

making that decision was so hard

milly xxx

Trixie
22-07-08, 13:28
Thanks for the reassurance, and I'll definitely make sure not to push myself too much! ;^^ Oh, and Trixie, that was actually quite spooky; my Mum said the exact same thing about Margaret Thatcher when I asked her about feeling tired after posting this! Great minds think alike, I guess! :P

So they say. Make sure you get a good nights sleep tonight though.:)