PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety Remedies

lin
29-04-05, 10:41
HI All

Don't know if any of these will help any1 with their anxiety its from a magazine i buy WOMANS OWN.

AROMATHERAPY-essential oils lavender,clary sage,geranium,neroli and chamomile as a massage or poured in the bath calms the mind.

SUPPLEMENTS- valerian a safe sedative herb, and supplement GABA, an amino acid,is good for anxiety.

FLOWER REMEDIES- few drops of Dr Bach's Rescue Remedy has a calming effect.

FOOD-bananas,turkey,brown rice and oats all have a sedative effect they contain tryptophan relaxes body and mind.

HERLBAL MEDICINE-hops,oats,chamomile all calm the nervous system.

I may try some of these myself it wud b gud if they do work.

linda xx

seh1980
29-04-05, 11:13
Thanks Linda - will have to make sure I get some more of those things and am up for trying anything that helps..:D

Meg
29-04-05, 15:39
Kava Kava alone is currently banned in the EU and the US. You can still get it mixed with other things or off the net.

It's reputedly natures valium without the addictiveness. It's being investigated for liver side effects though ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

sal
29-04-05, 23:48
Hi Linda

Read that in the mag aswell and took note of it.

Lucy as for Kava Kave have tried it a few years ago but when the bad press came out i stopped using it.

Linda i hope people try what you have suggested.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Piglet
30-04-05, 14:21
I tried kava kava on and off for a year and it was the best natural supplement I've ever used, I was so disapointed it was withdrawn, as for me it really made a difference. I'm too scared to take it though until its given the all clear even if I could get it.
Love Piglet

sal
30-04-05, 14:55
Hi Linda

Didnt it list a site where you could look up further information. I will have to see if i still have a copy of it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

LisaD
30-04-05, 15:46
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know that I was chatting with my psychiatrist yesterday about supplements and he recommends valerian root...took it last night and felt so calm before bed!! I asked him about Kava because we can get it here in Canada, but he advised against it because it can be addicting...so even if you can get your hands on it over there, you may want to exercise caution if any of you have addictive personalities like me:D

Lisa

sal
30-04-05, 17:50
Thanks for that Lisa, i am sure people will appreciate your advice.

Love Sal xx