PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid Cysts

tattybear
29-04-05, 11:49
HI all

Not been online the last few days as my net has been down [Ugh]

Some of you might know ive been waiting for an MRI scan on my ears as theres a weekness and also an autrasound on my thyroid. Mainly because I have realy bad constant dizzyness.

I had the ultrasound today...wasnt too much of a bad experinec but they confirmed my thyroid is enlarged and i have lots of little cysts over it. Hes said 99% there normally ok, but its got me quite down about what treatment exct ill have form here...ive got to wait to now hear from my ENT consultant.

In a way im glad that they';ve found somthing as its been over 2 years now and it seems its finally getting sorted, maybe they'll bring froward my MRI too.

Sorry if ive rambled. Im just a bit stuck as to how i feel. Im trying to look at it positivly but its also hit me as well.

Tatty B xx

florence
29-04-05, 11:55
Hi Tatty B

Sorry to hear about all that.... Hope it will be sorted soon for you , and that you 'll feel better after the treatment.

Best wishes.

Florence.

**A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be.**

vernon
29-04-05, 12:09
hi tatty sorry about that but at least you know now something can be done about it? hope it all goes well for you and dont worry. (I know easier said than done) Take Care. Vernon

seh1980
29-04-05, 12:48
I'm sure it's nothing serious Tatty - hope it all works out!! :D

Meg
29-04-05, 15:16
Let us know whats recommended Tatty.

When are you seeing the ENT chap ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Karen
29-04-05, 22:27
Hope you hear from the ENT consultant soon Tatty.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tattybear
30-04-05, 10:00
Thanks everyone.

Meg, Ive got to wait for an appointment to come through to see my ENT consultant but they said it would be 7-10 days....

Ive had a look on the net about them and it would seem that they are probably harmles, but its the way they may get rid or treat thm which is scaring me now...I am hoping they may also hurry my MRI for my ears along now as they know there is a weakness in my ear also.

I did get a good nites sleep but i think its sinking in now that I might have to face treatment etc and its got me quite down again [Sigh...]

Tatty B xx

seh1980
30-04-05, 10:09
Tatty - there is no point worrying about the treatment until you know for sure. Chances are you won't have to go through that. Just try to relax and take it as it comes..:D

Karen
30-04-05, 23:20
Sorry you're feel down again Tatty.

Try not to worry about what treatment you may or may not need until you see the consultant.

Hope you're feeling better.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

tattybear
16-05-05, 12:14
Well its been over 2 weeks since my scan and no letter from the hospital whch they said id get in 10 days with a follow up appointment so ive called them and they no record that i need a follow up appointmnet !![Duh!]

They couldnt fit me in til 9th June!! But ive now managed to get an appointment for this wednesday as the sooner i go the sooner i can get it sorted!!

just thought id update you all :D

Tatty B xx

Karen
16-05-05, 21:56
Good luck for Wednesday Tatty. Let us know how it goes.

Karen