PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!!

Beckster26
22-07-08, 14:17
Hiya

I am just a little concerned I suffer from panic attacks and my breathing is main corcern I am in constant fear that I am going to stop breathing and die:weep:
Just recently I have been getting pain in my upper back and shoulders and I am wondering if this is caused by my constant need to take deep breaths.

I hope I have explained this ok and would love to hear if anyone has any suggestions to this problem :ohmy:

milly jones
22-07-08, 14:23
honey

the more u concentrate on the pain, the more ull feel it.

it is more probable that the pain is muscular and from tight ness from anx.

no one dies from pas hun. u cant stop breathing. ur not going to die.

try some relaxation, or breathing exercises.

have u looked at the tops tips section of the forum?

there is also some sound advise in the nmp website regarding pas

take care milly xxxx

sarah peacock
22-07-08, 14:32
Try not to worry. I get this all of the time. I find it hard to take a really deep breath and feel like i'm gonna run out of air, it's awful. I also get pain in the top of my back between my shoulder blades. I went to see my doctor and he told me it was just tension. I also get pain up the side of my neck and jaw. It helps to practice breathing techniques. Try getting into a regular rhythm of, in two-threeand out two-three. Make sure that your stomach rises as you do this and not your chest. good luck.

Nechtan
22-07-08, 15:29
Hi,

It's a very scarey sensation but please remember that it will not harm you. The fight or flight response is making your breathing heavy as the body tries to take in more oxygen. This gives us the sensation that we are overbreathing and not in control. For some people breathing into a paper bag helps or taking deep breaths.

One thing to keep in mind is that this sensation cannot last indefinitely and your breathing will return to normal again- quicker than it actually feels when you are experiencing it. And ultimately as horrible as it feels it won't harm you.

All the best

Nechtan

Beckster26
22-07-08, 16:14
Thank you soooo much for all your advice!!!!