PDA

View Full Version : Getting numbed at the dentist, then panic.

tHamera
22-07-08, 16:26
yesterday i went to the dentist for a filling. obviously there is some minor anx about going to the dentist in the first place, but right after they gave me the shot a wave of fear overcame me. my heart started pounding, my palms were sweating and i felt like just jumping out of the chair and running out of there. i managed to sweat it out and it left me after a few moments. anybody else have this? i got home and researched it and found this link that made sense of it all:

http://www.doctorspiller.com/local_anesthetics_5.htm#Head%20rush

yorkylover
22-07-08, 16:29
I have had exactly the same thing happen to me in the chair when I went in to have a tooth out.:weep: :weep:

Tweek
23-07-08, 09:56
Oh mate. That sounds bad like. lol

What did the dentist do or say? I bet they looked at you like the jab had killed you and your panic fed off the look on his face...

janey124
23-07-08, 10:00
Hi there
I went to dentist yesterday and had 2 teeth out.I was fine with the needles it was when he started to pull the 2nd tooth out.I lost all colour in my face,thought i was going to be sick,tried to be sick!!! but couldn't.The dentist stopped for a few seconds and waited for me to compose myself.I nearly broke my husbands hand but got through it.I had every symptom going but managed to hold it together.