PDA

View Full Version : hello everyone

colleen224
23-07-08, 02:05
My name is Colleen. I am 36 years old and have suffered from acute health-related anxiety with panic attacks and depression for the last three months. During that time, I have had a lot of medical tests done which, thankfully, have ruled out a lot of medical conditions I was afraid that I had, like a brain tumor, a heart problem and breast issues. I have been in therapy and on medication for almost a month now. My anxiety has calmed down a lot, but I still worry about some symptoms that I get, mostly pain in the back of my head on the right side and pain above my right eye. I actually hope that the pain is from trigger points that I feel in my neck, back and shoulder muscles, since it has gotten better with heat and massage. Like all of you, I just want to feel emotionally, mentally and physically healthy again. I live in New Jersey, about 10 minutes from the beach, with my fiance and our Golden Retriever.

I am really grateful that I found this site. Good luck to everyone and I'm sure I will be talking with some of you soon. :flowers:

lesleya
23-07-08, 02:34
Hi Colleen
:welcome: to nmp. Im sure you will find lots of help and reassurance here and make lots of new friends along the way who know and understand how your feeling. The site has helped me so much and i hope it does same for you.
:hugs: :hugs:

kellie
23-07-08, 09:53
Hiya :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here.You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
Im sorry things are not good for you at the moment and i hope with the help of nmp you can start to improve things. Talking about your fears with other ppl who truly understand what its like can be so helpful so keep posting and we will help you as much as we can

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
23-07-08, 12:33
Hello Collen And Welcome To The Site, I Wish Ya Well,linda

yorkylover
23-07-08, 12:39
Hiya and:welcome: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Lilith1980
23-07-08, 12:47
Hi Colleen

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

lorac
23-07-08, 15:20
Hello Colleen

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

Keleigh_1988
23-07-08, 15:33
Hi Coleen!

Oh my god, Ive never met anyone with the same thing as me before. I have had CT scan, X-ray, bloods, ECG, etc as I was just convinced I had a brain tumour, arrythmia, cancer (bowel - IBS) Cervical and breast, kidney problems and it takes a hell of a lot to convince me I dont have these things. I would love to speak to you some more but I dont know how this is possible I have only just joined.

Hope you are having a good day today and welcome :)

Keleigh.

Southern_Belle
23-07-08, 15:46
Hi Colleen,

Welcome to the site. You will find that many here understand how you feel and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

bab
23-07-08, 15:49
Hi Colleen

welcome

love nicky x

weeble40
23-07-08, 17:30
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

nomorepanic
23-07-08, 22:07
Hi Colleen

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

milly jones
23-07-08, 22:29
a really warm welcome to nmp colleen

love milly xx