PDA

View Full Version : Propranolol and Diazepam

Linkous
23-07-08, 17:13
Hi - anyone have any experiences of taking these together? Are they compatible?

Thanks

decca
23-07-08, 17:25
Hi,
If your Doc. has prescribed them together then yes they would be OK to use together otherwise I would seek advice from a qualified person.

Decca.

jo61
23-07-08, 17:32
Yes, I've taken them together but check dosage with your doctor.

owainm
06-09-08, 22:04
Hi I take these together all the time on advice from my doc and phycs what I find though is once the prop kicks in you can taper off the valium

caz303
08-09-08, 16:38
Hi I take these together all the time on advice from my doc and phycs what I find though is once the prop kicks in you can taper off the valium

Very pleased to read that :) I'm taking Lorazepam as well as Prop at the moment and I was hoping that the prop would make it easier to wean myself off the Loraz :flowers:

cuddlemonster
04-10-08, 22:01
Hi there,
my doctor prescribed me 40mg of propranolol three times a day and 5mg of diazapam when required and i've been fine on them..... x

Sibarker
13-10-08, 13:39
Hi when i ever went flying my phobia was so bad that i had to be put on both of these together and they worked a treat, but only because i fell asleep for about 3/4 of the journey (because i combined them with a few pints of fosters) which i'm fairly certain i should not have done but i did anyway. But to be fair i was happy with this because i thought, if it didnt kill me the first time, then surely it wont any other time right?

Since then i've had therapy from a professional for my phobia and dont take diazepam (or drink alcohol for that matter) anymore. But yeah the point is it is perfectly safe to take both together

Hope this helped!