PDA

View Full Version : hand tremors

randomworry
23-07-08, 20:17
hi guys wondering if anyone else suffers from hand tremors (meaning shaking of the hand involuntarily). This has been happening to me for a while but to be honest I wasnt too concerned until my latest obsession started fading away!

my hand shakes so much that people say 'why you shaking' for example when eating or taking a picture on a camera - and it is really embarrasing! I know anxiety causes this but i was wondering if it was because i kept stopping and starting my citalopram.

please offer as much advice as possible

all the best guys

Alisonj
23-07-08, 20:56
I have them. Some days worse than others. My mom, sister, grandma, uncle also suffer from them. My uncle has them so bad he cannot pick up a drink or cut meat. They are simply called tremors. Not caused by anything really, no way to fix them however my doctor seems to think that a glass of wine helps.
I do know that many many people who suffer from anxiety also suffer from hand tremors. It can also be a side effect of meds. Mention it to your doctor but I am sure all is fine.

Vicki08
23-07-08, 22:26
oooooh I get this too. I have had it since I can remember. But, after i developed panic attacks and anxiety it has got much worse! Sometimes I cant even hold a cup of tea without shaking! I try and ignore it and just make a joke of it.
You are definitely not alone! x