PDA

View Full Version : No Effexor (Venlafaxine) section ?

MyNameIsntRich
24-07-08, 03:21
I am shocked there isnt a section for this drug as well as its sister satan paxil! Seems like there has been a past few questions about it but not too much info. I'm guessing it may not be used so much in europe as it is here in the states where its given out carelessly by our MD's like candy. I have struggles for over two years trying to get off this poison without being able to finally kick it. If anyone has any personal info on how i may want to keep going about getting off of it then i would welcome all. Here is the history

Once at 150 MG EffexorXR i reduced to 75mg regular effexor and then to a half of a 75mg pill and am now at a quarter of a pill daily. I find when i get down to this i kinda sit here without being able to get much lower without horrid panic attacks and brain zaps that leave me in the fetal position for days till i get more effexor in me adn then im find 2 hours later. I think i have a dr visit before i try to kick it again for another check up and to get everything looked at for my yearly check up to make sure all is wellin the body but then i plan on giving it another shot. I simply cant afford the high price of this stuff and the toll it has taken on my body.

I BEG the admins to create a section for this drug so that anyone who has to deal with any of this can get all the information any of us with experiance dealing with this drug can provide!

btw i love this site... ty much

Not Rich

jo61
25-07-08, 09:46
Hi RIch, I spent 18 months trying to get off this med. Every time I got to 37.5 mg dose anxiety became a big problem. The 37.5 dose isn't available in XR in the UK. However, as a last resort, my doctor replaced it with a small dose of Prozac which has a much longer half life and hurrah I haven't taken it in almost 3 months. OK, now I'm on something else but it's much easier to come off and I'll be doing that once I have the school holidays out of the way.

nomorepanic
25-07-08, 18:30
Hi Not Rich

I never created a separate forum as I noticed that a lot of the threads went unanswered and as you said didn't contain much advice.

I will, however, create one for you and move all the threads I can find into it.

Hope that helps.

MyNameIsntRich
10-08-08, 04:11
Thank you so much, once i find a way to get off this drug i wil literally dedicate all efforts i can to preventing other from going through the years that i have trying to get off of it. In response to the previous poster yeah that 37.5 dose is eh... hard.... really hard.... i have to chop my 75mg pills up... right now at 18.75 mg is where i usually get stuck but i hope to remedy this soon!

nomorepanic
10-08-08, 16:20
No worries Rich - hopefully you will get some more posts in there now.