PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations/ectopics Help

danna
24-07-08, 07:09
I am sick of feeling these symptoms every day... Today I had the worst one... I felt like my heart was going to stop and I could feel it fibrillating....
I have been to a doctor and she prescribed me a 24 h holter... and also something that I can record those events every time that I feel them...
Is there a cure for me???
I am sad... because it is awful to feel them and be scared of them all the time...
help please

kahi35
24-07-08, 07:29
Hi I'm on a heart monitor now cause my cadiologist wants to prove that its not my heart so I have to wear it for 30 days. Most of my symptoms is felling dizzy and palpataions. The only time I had scare was after exercising I felt like I coulnd't stop my heart from racing so I got the heart attack symptoms. I really thought I was done. This happen when I was driving. Anyway when i phoned in the recording there were no reason for them to call my doctor. So maybe you should go and see a cadiologist to check your heart out. Do you get dizzy too? I get dizzy at work then I start getting worked up and more symptoms start. Hope you feel better. I'll be praying for you.
Aloha
Gordean

danna
25-07-08, 06:38
Hi Kahi,

I don't get dizzy... I get the palpitations when I am resting watching TV... usually...
it is a horrible feeling... I wish no one would have to feel that...
I am on a heart monitor also.. We will see what happens after this month
Did you doc said anything about how to overcome these symptoms???

Amy2Crazy
28-07-08, 19:32
I was told that, when having the palpitations I was having (PVCs, Premature Ventricular Contractions) that, I should take a deep breath and then bear down as long as I can. I tried it, and it made me dizzy, but I've read that a lot of people make it work....

I do get dizziness, but I am not sure if it is related to the ectopics or if it is another symptom of my anxiety attacks. I haven't felt more than the occassional off-beat in about a month, so I am not sure if I am even having them anymore....

Always,
Amy