PDA

View Full Version : This wonderful life.

Big Bird
24-07-08, 14:45
I am not 'cured', I don't believe I will totally ever be and this gives me a sense of challenge still.
What I can say is I am back. Back in the swing of life. Back in the work groove. Back into my sport and back loving the beautiful world around me.
Sometimes, it takes one of lifes jolts to make us think of how much we have in front of us. It is now a year since I collapsed in a heap at my local cricket club. Confused, disorientated, weak, frightened and to some extent the classic feeling of my time being up were all evident. So much over the last year has renewed my energy in life and given me such a different perspective. I did not work for 7-months, paid for individual coaching, attended clinics read books written by people I would never have dreamt of and widened my knowledge of the dibilitating aspect of anxiety, panic and ultimately, depression which I fell into in February.
No little hard endeavour on my own part and the wonderful help and inspiration of friends, family and by chance, a young doctor who was standing in at my local surgery who could empathise and eventually give me the clarity of thought to move onwards and upwards again.
All this and this brillliant, brilliant site in which I can communicate with people who know, people who care and who have time to listen.
For all of you who are starting out on the road to good health; you will find it. Be patient, dont wish for too much, listen and never beat yourself up over things that are not working immediately for the days when you finally believe you are somewhere near back to normal are so much worth the wait.
I may still have pitfalls but I now know that Panic, anxiety and depression can be defeated.

Best Wishes to all.

lorac
24-07-08, 15:21
Hello Big Bird

It is so nice to hear of your success well done. I think you are so right when you say that it takes one of lifes jolts to make us realise things that we perhaps hadn't before. Having been through a very similar thing I now appreciate so much more in life and really do understand myself so much more.

I wish you well in your new found life style.

Carol

milly jones
24-07-08, 15:31
thank you for ur inspirational words

milly xxx

Nechtan
24-07-08, 18:33
Hi Big Bird,

Very uplifting and great to read. Thanks for the hope.

All the best

Nechtan

kahi35
24-07-08, 19:05
Hey Big bird what did the doctor say your collasp at your game was from. Did you say you had surgery?

Southern_Belle
28-07-08, 16:11
Very happy for you Big Bird and you have your whole life to look forward to. You are now looking at the positive side of life instead of the downside and that is huge!!! Even knowing that you may have some bad days and that you already know how to manage them is awesome, just so proud of you... Also, so glad you have given back too.

Love and hugs,

Laura xxx