PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

s7519jc
24-07-08, 17:47
Hope you are all okay on this rather warm day, just thought I would say hello my name is Samantha (Sam) and I am 33 years old and to my utter shock have been diagonosed with panic attacks, I thought it was asthma until I got the surreal I am not here feeling anfd the horrid feeling that my heart was about to stop. I have started taking a small dose of medication and I do feel quite alone at times and only feel okay in the house, went for an interview for a job today cos I think my current job is not helping and I am sure I messed up as I started to feel an attack coming on and was too busy concentrating on my breathing to really take anythin in. Be great to get to know you all xxx

SAM XXXX:yesyes: :yahoo:

Moo
24-07-08, 20:33
Hi Sam

Welcome to the site, you will definately get the support and advice you need on here and hopefully get rid of these horrible sensations!

Regards
Moo x

milly jones
24-07-08, 20:44
hiya sam

a warm welcome to nmp

love milly xxx

diane07
24-07-08, 20:47
Hi sam,

welcome to nmp and you'll get lots of help and support here, its like having a huge family that understand.

best wishes

di xx

DrGreenThumb
24-07-08, 21:50

belle
24-07-08, 23:18
Hi Sam and welcome :)

x

s7519jc
25-07-08, 07:13
Hi guys thanks for the very warm welcome xxx its great finding somewhere to have a chat and read about other people's situations and the great advice xxx

Hugs x

lorac
25-07-08, 10:08
Hello Same

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

nomorepanic
25-07-08, 21:22
Hi Sam

I just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get loads of support and advice on here and meet some lovely people.

Lindalou64
27-07-08, 15:11
Hello Sam And Welcome To The Site ,wish Ya Well,linda

ronski
27-07-08, 18:00
Hi Sam

Welcome to this site, I am sorry to here you are suffering from panic attacks. I suffered the same as you and found a way to defeat them. It may seem strange but you have to welcome them, say to yourself well you have arrived, do your worst. It is then you will recognise that it is you that is driving the panic through fear. Fight then with humour, name it, personalise it.

You may find that the initial panic stills stays for a while but it will not progress to full blown panic symptoms. Panic attacks never happen on there own so you must have an underlying anxiety. You may need councelling or CBT to go along with your meds, have a word with your doctor, he is best to advise. And please do not use avoidance to escape your anxiety as that may lead to agoraphobia. I know to my cost, please do not make the same mistake. I hope you get the help you need
All the best
Ron

kellie
27-07-08, 21:42
Hiya :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here. You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

weeble40
28-07-08, 08:47
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Lilith1980
28-07-08, 15:56
Hi Sam

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Southern_Belle
28-07-08, 18:34
Hi Samantha,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura