PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety new to the sight

kahi35
24-07-08, 17:54
Hi everyone I'm new and I'm glad they have this sight. I've been suffering from this condition for a few months now. Been in the ER and notthing. BP goes up from the panic and then I get dizzy. The dizziness started off my anxiety at work. everytime I get dizzy I get scared and panic. Anyway I get all the other symptoms like pressure in the head and chest pain palpatations. stomach pain. I try to relax at work, Ive been using the midwest center program. The dizziness drives me crazy does anyone know when is it going to stop. My neurologist says it could be my inner ear and Ive been doing head exercising. I am on paxil 2 weeks its seems to be not helping me yet. Anyway I know my problem seems similar to most of us but it just helps to hear the comments form people. thank you for your time and my prayers goes out to all of us. I always pray for it to go away.
aloha
Gordean

The Fool
24-07-08, 18:43
hey welcome to nmp!

ronski
24-07-08, 19:54
Hi Gordean

Dizziness is a major and recognised symptom of anxiety. Hyperventilation is more than likely a major player in causing these sensations. Calm your breathing 12-16 breaths a min using your stomach, not your upper chest.
You will get used to the dizziness and it will become less of a nuisance
I hope that this is helpful
Ron

kahi35
24-07-08, 20:02
thank you but I have another question. Even when I slow my beathing I still feel the dizziness. So people with no anxiety can just breath regular and they don't get the dizzy sensation?

milly jones
24-07-08, 20:52
hi hunny

a warm nmp welcome to u

love milly xx

belle
24-07-08, 23:22
Hi and welcome :)

x

nomorepanic
25-07-08, 21:24
Hi Gordean

I just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get loads of support and advice on here and meet some lovely people.

kahi35
25-07-08, 21:27
thank you for your warm welcome and kind words

lorac
25-07-08, 21:47
Hello Gordean

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here.

Take care

Carol

ronski
26-07-08, 11:45
Hi Gordean

Unfortunately no, I stiil have normal breathing patterns at times and still suffer from dizziness. Not over breathing helps, but does not entirely get rid of it all the time. I am certainly more dizzy the more anxious I am. when my anxiety state is low I do not suffer from dizziness at all. One ideal is it may be a side effect of prescription medication, have a chat with your doctor see what he thinks.

People with no anxiety, have not got the anxiety and so their blood gases stay very stable where as ours may be constantly changing. also or bodies are more hypersensitive and that dosen't help either.

I hope that this is helpfull
Ron

ShineUK
26-07-08, 17:09
Hi,
Yes I've had all of that and I have found that the best way to cope is a brown paper bag!!! Sit yourself down place the paper bag over your nose and mouth and try to breath normally. You are hyperventilating !! It will pass very quickly and keep your bag with you at all times. It helped me no end. Just try it ! Also there is a book called "self help for you nerves" by Dr Claire Weekes and this is my bible. If I feel panicky I just read it and I can feel myself relaxing. Good Luck I'll be thinking of you x

ronski
26-07-08, 19:49
Hi Shine

The paper bag treatment is now not recommended due to safety reasons. Closed cusped hands over your mouth and nose is now the recommended method as some oxygen can get through. Some asthmatics have come to harm with the paper bag option. The closed hand works just as effectivally and has the same effect of increasing your CO2 levels.
Thanks
Ron

Lindalou64
27-07-08, 14:46
Hello Gordean And Welcome To The Site,wish Ya Well,linda