PDA

View Full Version : fighting the fear

colleen224
24-07-08, 22:10
why does my mind keep messing with me? i guess because i let it. i've been consistently doing self massage and heat therapy to my neck, back and shoulder muscles, but i still get symptoms at least once a day, mostly involving flashes of pain over my right eye and occasionally in my head behind my right ear. the head thing isn't really pain, it's more of an "off" feeling. i guess i keep comparing it to the left side. the anxiety and the physical symptoms are much better than they were a month ago, when i was a mess, but i can't seem to completely relax. i'm trying to have faith and believe that someday i will find that light of recovery at the end of the tunnel, but i am still afraid.

i go back to see my doctor on Monday and think/hope that he is going to increase my dose of lexapro then. i also have an appointment with a neurologist on August 6 which i made when i was convinced i had a brain tumor or some other brain issue, but even though my brain MRI scan came back normal, i am still worried that she is going to diagnose me with a serious medical condition. ugh, i just felt a throb of pain by my ear as i typed that.

i think i need to go exercise now since that usually makes me feel better.

kahi35
24-07-08, 22:51
hey yeah Ive been feeling that to when I stressing about my health too been ro neurologist too he said could be my inner ear. Had MRI for the pressure in my head CT and they can't find notthing I just get crazy with this dizziness. Do you have that dizzy?

polly123
25-07-08, 07:00
Hiya
Im an anxiety sufferer big time, and yes as we speak ive got a shooting pain behind my left ear, Ive just started relaxations cds to try and help myself, the first time i did it i had the most awful panic attack, so decidid to write a post here on nmp for some advice. The replies i had back mostly all said the same thing and thats stick with it. Well ive tried the cds twice since and touch wood ive been fine, each time seems to get a bit easier, so keep on going with the relaxation im sure you will get there in the end
POLLY

colleen224
25-07-08, 17:55
hi guys,

thanks for responding to my post. anxiety is a big pain (literally) and tough to overcome once it starts, but we just have to keep trying, even if it means taking baby steps and falling down once in a while.

kahi, to answer you question about dizziness, i had it a few times when my anxiety was really bad. have you ever looked into trigger points? they are tight knots of muscle that can happen all over your body and cause a bunch of symptoms, including dizziness, depending on where the trigger point(s) is located. i just started reading the Trigger Point Therapy Workbook by Clair Davies and it has a lot of helpful information. in the meantime, here is a link to a website you may want to check out: www.triggerpoints.net

take care and best wishes for recovery.

Colleen :)