PDA

View Full Version : Help - Major Panic

sal
01-05-05, 18:23
I can hardly type at the moment as i am shaking too much and cant believe what has happened and really dont know how to handle it. The duty governor has just rang from the prison to inform me that a prisoner has managed to get hold of my address. My paperwork for my accident was on the desk in the office, hence should have being locked away and when he went in the office to make a legal phone call he picked it up with his legal papers. He is from liverpool and a sex offender due to be bailed on wednesday, my head is totally wrecked over this.

Sorry dont know what else to say.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

seh1980
01-05-05, 19:06
omg Sal that is terrible. Please don't overract hun as it is very probable that nothing will come of this though I can imagine just how terrifying it is. It is really awful that those papers were not locked away as you should never have to be in this situation..All you can do is make sure that everything is locked and bolted at all times.

Do you know this prisoner at all?

Sarah :D

sueiamnew
01-05-05, 19:24
Hi Sal,
That is a real sh** thing to happen, i cant believe someone left your details on the desk.
Try not to worry, chances are he wouldnt even register the fact he had picked them up?
Take care

nomorepanic
01-05-05, 19:32
Sal

Sorry to hear this.

There is not reason to believe that he will do anything with your address so try to be calm ok.

I know you are worried but why would he come after you?

Try to think rationally about this mate and take some deep breaths.

What are the prison going to do about it? What have they suggested or offered as support and help. It is their problem after all.

Hope you will be ok mate.

xx

Nicola

kairen
01-05-05, 19:35
Hi sal,

I can imagine how you feel that is terrible, that should never have happened, He prob wont even give it a thought, he may not even have looked at it, but that is so scary, are they def, sure that he did pick it up, have they tried to get it back,

kairen x

Karen
01-05-05, 23:18
Hi Sal

How can the prison let something like that happen? I can understand why you are panicking Sal but try to remain calm like the others have said.

What are the prison going to do about this?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

fran
01-05-05, 23:53
what a terrible thing to happen -but i am sure you'll be fine

fran

alexis
02-05-05, 00:38
Hi Sal, how terrible.Take care, im sure things will be fine. He will know that people know the info was at hand and will be alert, you would probably be the last person he would contact as hell know security will be high. He is probably desperate for a release where he can get away from his past, no disrespect Sal but hes prob sick of seeing you all and wants to go out and head for a new life.
I would be exactly as you are Sal, keep us informed of actions etc, take care, love Alexis

sal
02-05-05, 05:32
I always try to be stong but this has beat me and i cant cope at all

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

seh1980
02-05-05, 09:56
hi Sal,

Are you feeling any better about it today hun? Just try to remember that chances are he won't do anything with your address as you are a prison officer. Sounds horrible but he would be much more likely to go for someone a bit more vulnerable, if anyone..

henri
02-05-05, 11:07
hi sal,
i actually can't believe this has happened. was the duty governor at all apologetic when he/she called you and did he offer to do anything or help in any way?
the worst thing that can happen is that this person will turn up on your doorstep (which i'm sure won't happen) so just make sure your doors are always locked and that you have your phone nearby.
i'm sure that he won't do anything with your address but i can understand how freaked out you must be feeling. i hope you are feeling better today.
henri x

alexis
02-05-05, 11:15
Hi Sal, just to say been thinking about you, you have some good replies, have you heard any more,hope you feel a little calmer, you now need to try and take your mind off it a little bit. A damn site easier said than done. I know.
Try a little bit of lite humour in the forum pub, may divert you for couple minutes.
Take care and keep us in touch
Alexis

lainey
02-05-05, 11:46
Hi Sal

Just caught up with your post, what a terrible thing to happen.
I'm sure as everyone says you will be ok, are the prison taking steps to sort this out and offer you some help?
Have you told the governor how you are feeling about this?
Try to keep calm although it's easier said than done, we are all here for you chuck.

Take care

Elaine x

sal
02-05-05, 15:43
Thanks for your replies.

The prison has being on the phone again today, he definately got my details as after a few hours he handed them back.

I cant believe how this has happened and think the prison service should be very sorry about their actions. I know they are panicking. Its not just the fact that he got my address its the other 160 prisoners on the wing, because at the end of the day he is going to brag that he has a female officers address.

He is getting moved apparently but in my eyes he should have being segragated and moved last night.

They are obviously very concerned and distraught this has happened but its a bit late for that.

The worst part of it he was released a few months ago and broke his bail conditions, which being a prison officer, i see that as he doesnt really care about being given that freedom as he broke his conditions straight away knowing he would be locked up again.

I have told my neighbours and they have all given me their mobile numbers etc so they are aware of the situation.

I rang work on Friday asking for sometime of in June but they didnt know if i could have it, but after this i am taking it. I am going away for 4 days to spain with my sister in law and Beki. So the four of us will have a nice time and to be honest even though it was a last minute decision it couldnt have being better timed.

Love Sal xx

seh1980
02-05-05, 17:11
Sal,

Glad that you are going to have a holiday in June - you could do with a nice break!!

Sal, you are a lot more sympatheitc with me as if this had happened to me, I would already be on the phone to lawyers with pland of sueing the place!! What they have done is unbelievable and you should never be put in a situation like this hun..

sepo azul
02-05-05, 17:43
Hi Sal,

This may not be the most brilliant suggestion, but would it help you to feel more secure if you had a dog?
Sepo

kairen
02-05-05, 19:35
Hi sal,
I doubt you are hun, but i hope u are a bit calmer,
I think it is terrrible the way it has been able to happen, and it does not sound like they have done much to help you, i think im with sarah on this one i would have had someone hung for this, it is terrible that you have been put in this position, i think if he had not been due to be released soon he may have said something but not when he is due to be released thats prob his main thought at moment, just getting out, i dont think you will be in his thoughts its not as if you put him in prison is it, do u live near where he is to be released to, any chance you could transfer, sorry i dont know how far apart prisons are, i really feel for you on this i know its easy to say try and forget it but hope things get a bit easier for u

kairen x

Meg
02-05-05, 19:45
I do hope they have searched all his belongings and that of his cell mates to ensure he hasn't transcribed your details anywhere.

It is unlikely that he will remember it from memory

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

lainey
02-05-05, 21:10
Hi Sal

Hope you are feeling better tonight chuck, have you contacted the union for their support. I am sure they can advise you as to where to go from here as someone needs their a**** kicking over all this.
You deserve your break in Spain and it will do you the world of good.

Take care

Elaine x

seh1980
03-05-05, 17:01
Sal - how are you doing hun? :D

sal
03-05-05, 17:27
Thanks for you replies.

Im not doing too well at all, apart from being upset i am angry that this situation has happened. A governor a just called me to say that they are moving th prisoner on Thursday, which to me after this time seems a pointless exercise. Its funny how when they want to move a disruptive one they can get him moved within hours.

As usual the situation has being handled very unprofessionally and it is me that is suffering for it.

Love Sal xx

seh1980
03-05-05, 17:31
hi Sal,

Sorry to hear you aren't doing too well. It is no wonder really seeing what has happened. Have you been in contact with any organisations, etc?

Karen
03-05-05, 17:58
Hi Sal

Sorry you are not feeling too good at the moment.

It does seem that they are not handling this situation very well at all. I'm not surprised you are not happy that they are not taking action quickly enough.

Your holiday to Spain sounds like it will be good and I hope you are able to relax and enjoy yourself.

Take care.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

sal
04-05-05, 03:38
Sorry i cant fight this

Love Sal xx

seh1980
04-05-05, 10:58
Sal - please don't say that hun. You HAVE to fight this. Don't let their stupid mistake get you down like this..:D

lainey
04-05-05, 11:07
Sal

You must fight this, don't give up! You must contact the union about it and they will support you all the way I know they will.
Someone will pay for this mistake and it won't be you.!!!!

Take care

We're all here for you chuck

Elaine x

kimmy
04-05-05, 11:12
al thats really awfull mate. but try not to worry, has he done anything to you? do you work at the prison? my bet hes done it to get the prison into trouble not to do anything to you!!!! its all a game. try not to worry and take carexxx

Karen
04-05-05, 11:25
Hi Sal

You can fight this. You are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for so don't give up.

We are all here for you.

Karen

pips
04-05-05, 11:27
Sal hun,

Just read your post mate im so sorry you have been put through all this! You must be going through hell! If you need me I am here for you always.

You must FIGHT it though don't let it get the better of you! You are so much Stronger then this I promise you! I know it will be tough but you can do it mate and i will help you if you need me call me any time!

The break away will be just the right thing for you.

Sending you loads of POSITIVE HUGS mate!

Take care and pull out all of that inner STRENGTH!

Thinking of you, Take care,

Love PIP'S XX XX

linjane
05-05-05, 07:10
Hi Sal,
Just read your posts and can't believe what has happened.

I don't know what to say, but I really think you should make some SERIOUS COMPLAINTS to the prison. It is totally out of order that they let this happen.

Please try to be strong and think rationally, as everyone has said, chances are he won't do anything with your address, but I can understand how you're feeling.

You really deserve your break in Spain so enjoy it.

I feel like I haven't been any help to you at all, but if you want to talk you know I'm here for you too.

Take care,
Lots of love,
Linda.x

seh1980
05-05-05, 14:19
Sal - how are you doing hun? :D

sal
05-05-05, 16:26
Hi all

Well work are totally doing my head in. They came out to see me yesterday and basically the governor has just said offer her support and left it at that. My boss came out and i told him i had booked a holiday without checking the leave and he said after what has happened dont worry i have just granted you whatever time you want of. Mind it helps that we have being great friends since i joined the prison service.

Dont really know how i am feeling about it at present. Just a bit numb and annoyed that it has happened.

Love Sal xx

seh1980
05-05-05, 16:33
hi Sal,

It's horrible that the prison isn't doing more for you though it's good that you get time off for the holiday, etc. That's the least they can do seeing what has happened!! Hang in there hun. I'm sure nothing will come of it..

sal
05-05-05, 17:07
Thanks Sarah

Just so annoyed that it has happened in the first place.

Love Sal xx

Karen
05-05-05, 17:32
Hi Sal

I'm not surprised you are annoyed. This should never have happened and someone was negligent leaving your details lying around like that.

Glad your boss is supportive and you can have the time off to enjoy your holiday.

Karen

nomorepanic
05-05-05, 18:00
Hiya Sal

Just caught up with the latest on this.

I think at the very least they should let you have the time off for the holiday so good that you are going away.

I also hope that they are going to put some plans in place to make sure this doesn't happen again to anyone else. It is bad enough to happen to a prison officer but a female one on her own with a kid is even worse.

Oh that sounded like I am making it out to be even worse than I am sure it is. I am sure you know what I mean.

Hope you will be able to clam down about this soon mate.

xx

Nicola

sal
05-05-05, 22:09
Thanks Nic

Yeah it definately should have happened, hence why i booked the holiday without getting permission first as i would have liked to see someone under the circumstances say no.

Apparently they know who took the information down to the wing and who let the prisoner in the office but as yet i havent being given the two names. Probably better at the moment until i calm down a bit.

I am going to take the matter further but when i am in a more positive frame of mind.

Love Sal xx

seh1980
06-05-05, 10:34
Glad you are going to take it further Sal - you have every right to!! :D

sal
06-05-05, 11:36
Thanks Sarah

I am definately going to push this as far as i can. More angry now than upset.

Love Sal xx

kairen
06-05-05, 14:59
hi sal

good to hear you are going to take things further, i would not let that lie its disgraceful, your there to do a job and as such should be protected, glad you booked holiday you will need it,
take care hun xx

kairen x

sal
06-05-05, 23:54
Hi Kairen

Thanks for that

Spoke to my union rep today and he has already started to take things further. Have found out who let the prisoner in the officer and apparently the number 1 governor has put a notice out to staff forbidding any prisoner to enter an office as the rule was set out a few years ago, so more for me to work on.

Feel okay about it now, its happened and why dwell on it, i cant change what has happened.

Met a few friends from work today for a coffee which was nice but people that passed commented how come she is out when she is on the sick. Didnt let it bother me and let it go over my head.

At my mates 40th tomorrow night Simon was supposed to come but not sure now as he has made other arrangements and forgotten all about it so yes typical woman i let the dummy out.

But great believer now if meant to be it is meant to be. Being through too much to sit back and watch it pass me by.

Love Sal xx

lainey
07-05-05, 10:18
Hi Sal

Glad to see you are taking it further, you will find the strength to fight this through , I know you will.

Enjoy tonight's party, with or without Simon.

Take care

Elaine x

seh1980
07-05-05, 11:41
Hope you have a nice evening Sal!! :D

sal
08-05-05, 03:40
Had a great night, but friends are worried about me so it became the topic of conversation.

Met up with a friend from years back that helped me with Sam and we caught up on times we really shouldnt have misseed so that helped.

Will fight this but only when i am ready and if i have the stength, not going to put myself through extra stress if i dont need it. It is their mistake so let them sort it and if i am not happy then we will see.

Too much has happened and i still feel out of it all but once back on ground maybe i will want to fight it.

One day i should and the next day i havent the strength.

Time will tell.

Love Sal xx

seh1980
08-05-05, 10:36
Glad you had a nice evening Sal. :D

Like you say, take things as they come..

Karen
08-05-05, 22:40
Hi Sal

Glad you had a good night.

Don't feel pressured to do anything until you feel ready for it. This needs to be your decision.

Karen

sal
08-05-05, 22:46
Thanks Sarah and Karen

It was a good evening and it was nice to see Lynn who i havent seen for ages who supported me through my pregnancy and helped me so much when Sam was born.

Makes you realise how special friends are and even if you havent got the time to call in a quick call or text is important. We are going to meet up for a cuppa next week and i am really looking forward to that.

Seeing the occupational therapist from work on Wednesday but she doesnt know about the address situation so will see what she says and hopefully i will be back at work on the monday after that.

Love Sal xx

sal
09-05-05, 11:02
I have just had a phone call from work, it was from my boss, well when i go back as they have moved me to D wing he will then become my boss. He has just come back from leave and heard about my address being given to a prisoner. He has rang to take responsibility as it was in his office and the prison officer in charge is obviously under his area of responsibility. He has offered all kinds of support. At last someone that is prepared to take some kind of control over this situation that should have never occurred.

Love Sal xx

lainey
09-05-05, 11:39
Hi Sal
About time someone took control of the situation.
Hope it's made you feel better

Take care

Elaine x

sal
09-05-05, 17:25
Hi Elaine

Yes it has made me feel better that someone actually picked up the phone to apologise and that is a good start seen as he will be my boss and he seemed genuinely upset by it all. Not many people like him but when i worked in the office and cross deployed staff to his wing he was always great with me and personally i think he is an okay guy.

He says he is going to see what the prison service can do with regards to supporting me and i will see what to do from there.

Love Sal xx

seh1980
09-05-05, 17:45
Glad to hear that someone is sorting it out Sal. Best of luck!! :D

sal
09-05-05, 18:33
About time but i think he is going over the top as he is the one that left it on his desk then went on 2 weeks leave!!!

Love Sal xx

Karen
09-05-05, 22:21
Glad someone is finally taking responsibilty Sal and that he will finally sort out some support for you.

Karen

sal
10-05-05, 10:25
thanks Karen. They will no doubt try to keep it quiet but i have already informed the union and they have taken the matter on board.

Love Sal xx

bluesparkle
10-05-05, 11:39
hi sal...
i have replyied to your other post but i just wanted to say that is good news that someone is finally taking it on as their responsiblility and sounds like he is there to help you all he can...
rach :)

sal
10-05-05, 12:13
Thanks Rach

Love Sal xx