PDA

View Full Version : Giving up Sertraline

Loopylaydee
25-07-08, 11:54
I have been taking 50mg sertraline for about 8 years now - i felt so low when I started taking them they felt like a miracle cure! I have been so afraid of feeling the way I used to that I have been terrified to stop them.

Recently I have been feeling really awful, jaw ache, headaches, pain in my legs when I am asleep and totally numb to any emotional stuff.

I recently ran out of tablets and because I havnt been able to afford the prescription I have not had any for about 2 weeks.

Although I have obviously been feeling withdrawn I have noticed that I am sleeping better, my legs dont ache so much and although I havnt stopped crying for about a week and a half it is a releif to actually feel something after all this time.

I wondered if anyone has any advise for me, what side affects should I expect to have? I struggle to tell which is the drugs and which is my depression. Not sure really whether to get another PX or fight it out, I have gone a week or so before but usually lose the plot so much that I end up taking them again.

tafflass
01-08-08, 22:42
hi
i have just stopped sert myself, i came off them quite quick.
i have had headaches, mood swings, up and happy one minute then realy nasty and angry the next.
i have had days where i just cry and cry realy emotional stuff.
shakes, anxiety worse than my usual. i am seeing a councilor it helps to have someone to talk to.
some days i feel should i just start taking them again but like you said its nice to feel again.
i have to mention this as it is a fact of life. my sex life (WOW)lol!!i actualy enjoy sex again.
even tv programs as silly as it sounds make me cry and stuff.
i do get quite angery i was throwing dishs in the sink just smashing them.
what im saying is you need to talk to someone, you canot do this alone, you will be up and down and angry even to the point you may feel suicidal, a friend of mine was coming of them to and she tried to kill herself. please please be carefull. dont go it alone im not trying to scare you everyone is different, you maybe fine, but if you do start to feel anything like i have descibed get help from your gp or speak to family friends anyone who will listen, come on hear aswell their are a lot of people who are going through this type of thing and they can help you.
just remember when your feelings are all over the place you are not alone, it is the withdrawles.
i hope you dont get as bad as i have :hugs: and all the best message me any time i havent been on hear a lot the last few weeks, as i to have been withdrawing, but feeling better, and hope its gona last xtafflassx

Mikke
03-08-08, 03:37
I've been on and off zoloft for years. I get extremely dizzy, but this only lasts for a few days. I also get very anxious, especially three days after quitting, even when I taper of slowly, and the anxiety hangs around for about a week. That's about it...

mabelina
13-08-08, 16:50
I was on Sertraline for 11 years and have weaned myself off them twice. The only side effect i had was "head shocks" which wasnt anything i couldnt cope with. I found them very easy to stop.

booklover
22-09-08, 15:42
I have gone three days without Sertraline now; I forgot to take it the first day, and then thought I would see how I got on without them, as I really want to get off them. Today I have been in a rotten mood, but I don't know if that was connected to coming off the meds or not. Also, I feel a little light headed, and almost detached from my body, if that makes sense.