PDA

View Full Version : Scared To Take Cipralex!!!!

dlou84
25-07-08, 12:34
Hey,

I havent slept properly in 2 weeks.. Haven't had any DEEP sleep in weeks just been getting really light sleep and very vivid dreaming.. Like I'm awake but know I'm dreaming.. This is happening throughout the night and has been non stop since 11 days ago.. I'm so tired..

For that reason I'm scared to start the Cipralex (5mg) because of not sleeping and being in a really bad place..

I'm also scared of dying from exshustion and not sleeping..

and I'm terrofied of the side effects..

HELPP

You think I will die because of not sleeping and maybe having a big panic attack and my body just giving up?

I've been getting REM sleep but NO deep sleep which repairs the body!!

please help..

Lou~Lou
25-07-08, 12:52
I was the same as you. I was so scared to take them and Im on a stronger dose that you. Im so so glad I did start them as im feeling lots better. Oh and I slept lovely the first week.

dlou84
25-07-08, 12:56
Thanks... I'm looking at the pill now..

I've put it in my mouth 3 times now and spat it out..

I'm scared it will have a wierd effect cus I havent slept in so long properly...

dlou84
25-07-08, 12:57
What side effects did you get when you first started?

Do you suffer with insomnia?

laurap
25-07-08, 14:22
hi my name is laura and i am on the same dose as you 5mg . I had to same problems as you and i didnt want to take my meds, but i think you are feeling worse because you have not had much sleep but your med will help.As for side affects you sould be ok try to sick with them and keep talking to your doc. HAVE YOU TRYIED RELAXATION TAPES I FIND THEM A GET HELP

HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON
LAURA:hugs:

bab
25-07-08, 14:22
Hi There

I am like you very scared to take pills even paracetamol but im on week 4 of cipralex and im just starting to see some benefit. I wont pretend the side effects arent hard but you need to go through that to feel better and not everyone gets side effects - they help me sleep too x

dlou84
25-07-08, 14:23
Yeah I've got some hypnosis cds and stuff..

I was doing so well with my sleep a few weeks ago and I've stedily had 8hrs + every night... now when I go to sleep I'm sort of aware that I'm sleeping? and Its keeping me awake!

Will the cipralex aid my sleep? or does it cause sleep probs?

dlou84
25-07-08, 14:25
I just know if i start now (with all this tiredness) that I'm going to have a big blow out of adreneline and have a panic attack and I cant afford to waste the adreneline as I'm living off it while not sleeping..

Do you guys think its better to get my sleep back on track before I start?

bab
25-07-08, 15:36
No my love I think its better to bite the bullet and start taking them - it may not even affect your sleep. Why waste time when you could be getting them in your system and starting to feel better. I know where your coming from as I dont like taking anything but you must xx:bighug1:

Lou~Lou
25-07-08, 15:56
dlou as Bab says you will be better to just take it, after all what have you to lose? I promise you, you are me 2 1/2 weeks ago. I stared at the pack for 6 days worrying what they will do to me, questioning whether they will make me worse. I had a few side effects for about 4 days, none too drastic, but one of the side effects was making me sleepy. Ill repeat im 2 weeks in and already feel some benefit. My Anxiety has dropped id say about 60%.
Go for it - we are all here to support one another x x

Lou x

dlou84
26-07-08, 09:16
well I haven't slept again 13days without deep sleep

This is killing me :(

dlou84
28-07-08, 07:45
So I've been taking them..

I'm on my forth now...

BexieB
03-08-08, 04:46
Hi

Hope all is well. Are u still taking your meds, any update on your sleeping?

dlou84
03-08-08, 10:19
Yeah I took my 10th this morning.. Just got back from holiday...

Spent my first week on cipralex on holiday lol.. I am sleeping but only because I'm taking Zopiclone...

I havent been able to sleep without it..

bab
03-08-08, 10:21
Hi Dlou - well done for taking them - how r u feeling? xx

dlou84
03-08-08, 10:23
I'm doing "ok" not great.. I've been taking 5mg for 10 days I am ment to be going to 10 mg but I'm staying on 5 for this week..

bab
03-08-08, 12:21
thats exactly what I did - I stayed on 5 mg for an extra week (3 weeks) till I felt I could cope going up and I have just finished 2nd week on 10mg. you are doing really wellxx

BexieB
03-08-08, 12:28
Well done dlou84,

Good to know you are sleeping. Don't worry that you're taking meds for sleep, as long as you are, that all that matters right now. It's all about getting yourself into a balanced state at the moment, both physically and emotionally. That's the only goal right now.

dlou84
03-08-08, 13:27
Yeah thanks alot guys..

I agree.. Like my mum says, my body needs rest..

I'm going to really try to sleep without them tonight.. But as I say if I need to pop a pill to get some rest its getting popped! lol

Thanks for all your support.

Bab, have you noticed an improvement in yourself since starting?

How long in are you now?

I feel abit down today so I just went to play basketball to try and get some seretonin moving lol..

dlou84
05-08-08, 11:34
So I spoke to the doc and he wants me to stay on 5mg for 4 weeks!

Then go upto 10mg.. I guess he wants to take me up slowly...

11th day today.. just popped it.

bradders
08-08-08, 12:39
dlou84, how are things going, i have same sleepless nights as well, dont want to go to bed as i know ill not sleep. Been given the "happy pills", please let me know if your sleeping better ?

dlou84
09-08-08, 09:19
Yeah I am only sleeping when I take the Zopiclone...

But at least I'm getting some sleep..

I should be coming off them though.

missanxious
10-08-08, 13:00
Bit worried reading here that people have been prescribed 5mg for 4 weeks to get used to it - I haven't started this med (yet) but my GP has given me 10mg to start off on. Do you think this dose is too high for starting off?

dlou84
10-08-08, 13:30
They gave me 10 but i refused to take it lol I asked to start on the lowest dose and work up..

10 is the standard dose and my other doctor isnt happen im only on 5

Lou~Lou
10-08-08, 13:45
missanxious dont be worried 10mg is the normal dose to start on x

Good luck

Lou x

missanxious
10-08-08, 16:15
Thanks guys think I just freaked out seeing that people were struggling with side effects on only 5mg! I'll start off with 10mg and see how it goes...

bradders
11-08-08, 16:02
missanxious,
i just started on fri with 10 mg, took this at about 9pm and knew it was not going to do anything on the first day. But sat i did feel a little tired and for the first time in months went for a lie down and actually fell asleep for a hour. On speaking to some of the people on this site most recommend taking it in the morning. On Sat and Sun i had headaches, not bad but enough for me to sit at home and watch the Olympics, but now Monday they are going.

dlou84
13-08-08, 10:17
Ive not suffered any side effects although I still cant sleep..

dlou84
14-08-08, 13:22
Man, I have the worst headache ever today.. EVER

paracetamol is doing nothing :(

normal?

bab
14-08-08, 13:43
very normal - headache is big side effect - will go away though so dont woory x

bradders
14-08-08, 15:20
i love it i love it i love it, day 6 for me, and im sleeping like a baby, could be all in my head but i dont care. I honestly feel 6 foot tall and bullet proof. Headache's totally gone and i feel i have a spring in my step and can actually have conversations while looking the person in the eyes rather than away from them. I do how ever get this kind of tight feeling in my jaws sometimes, hard to describe but easy to live with if im getting a good nights sleep and feeling so good. Im taking the cipralex now at 10 am and taking 10mg. cheers all