PDA

View Full Version : Mirtazipine/Diazepam

Angelic_one_
25-07-08, 14:47
Pls could someone give me some advice, i've just started taking Mirtazipine and although i found the first week great (hardly any anxiety at all) i've found this week (The 2nd week)quite hard, i've had a couple of days with seriously heightened anxiety where i had to shut myself away in the bedroom once and haven't been able to do 'normal' everyday things that i've been able to do before, i've before now managed my anxiety and panic attacks for 18 yrs with Diazepam alone on an as and when basis and have luckily enough managed to not become addicted to it. But i'm wondering if its safe to still use the Diazepam as a back up along with the Mirtazipine as the Dr who prescribed the anti d never mentioned whether i should continue with the Diazepam as well even tho i'm sure she must have looked at my notes

Sorry for babbling

X

jo61
25-07-08, 14:50
I've been on mirtazapine for years and taken diazepam when I need it, with my doctor's blessing. The combination of the two can be quite sedating so be careful if you have to drive until you know how you respond.