PDA

View Full Version : hello all!

Captain America
25-07-08, 15:52
just wanted to say hi and let everyone know that reading these posts has been so helpful to me since being diagnosed with gad, that i wanted to join and first say thank you! and, to maybe offer some help to others as i crawl out of my anxiety hole. not to mention the british slant to the humor on here reminds me of my time living in london 10 years ago (i had more freedom from myself back then.)

i thought i was new to anxiety, having my first panic attack in february. after thinking it over though, the signs have been there for years and i just drank through it. went alcohol free of late due to some stomach problems, and fell down the rabbit hole when i didn't realize that i'd been self medicating for years and partying kept my anxiety at arm's length.

tried meds and went through the classic of initial relief, followed by rebound anxiety, then withdrawal when i went off benzos.

had every symptom, and still do, and developed health anxiety that had me checking blood pressure every chance i got. had every test possible and still stuggle daily with the fact that anxiety can cause all this. my medical folder is 4 inches thick!! i worry now that i've given myself cancer from all the ct scans. (kicking myself for my decisions is fun).

i'm doing cbt and off meds...getting better every day through exposure therapy.

when the bad days come, i come here. i see a bit of myself in every thread...the mind chatter, the health anxiety, googling everything, the fear of doing something where you had an attack before, the odd symptoms....

i didn't know truly how classic my case of gad was until i found this site!!

anyway thanks again to EVERY ONE OF YOU. that sounds corny maybe, but i mean it.

i'm sure you'll see me posting questions on my bad days, and maybe pitching in to help on my good days.

Nechtan
25-07-08, 16:05
Hi,

I can relate to all you've said. So many anxieties seem to feed others. It sounds like you are progressing well though so I hope you really get yourself sorted.

all the best

Nechtan

Lou~Lou
25-07-08, 16:05
Eye Eye Captain, welcome aboard.

Like you ive not been a member here for long but have found all the threads, posts etc enlightning. The members on here are great x

diane07
25-07-08, 17:03
welcome to nmp captain,

we'll help you all we can, its like having a huge family who understand what you're going through

best wishes

di xx

nomorepanic
25-07-08, 21:21
Hi Captain

I just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get loads of support and advice on here and meet some lovely people.

lorac
25-07-08, 21:42
Hello Captain

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

milly jones
25-07-08, 22:51
hi captain

welcome to nmp

good that have have already found it some use

milly xxxx

sportlover2008
26-07-08, 11:47
captain america..soudns like your doing the right thing....i just love your name that has cheared me up no end...!!! everything seems to over lap a little but ervyone has their own cocnerns to their routue of anxiety..we are all on the continuum somewhere...

well done and thanks for your story....i may Pm you at some point if thats ok?
dave

Captain America
26-07-08, 17:55
yeah i thought the nickname was funny. i picked captain america because he was a regular guy, started to feel like a superhero for a while, but now he's dead. seeemed to mirror me except i'm more figuratively dead than literally so.

obviously.

pm's are certainly welcome.

Lindalou64
27-07-08, 14:56
Hello Captain And Welcome To The Site ,wish Ya Well,linda

kellie
27-07-08, 21:46
Hiya :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here. You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

weeble40
28-07-08, 08:44
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Lilith1980
28-07-08, 15:59
Hi Captain

Glad to hear you've found this site so helpful to you :)

Jo xxxxx

Southern_Belle
28-07-08, 18:44
Hi Captain,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support. I'm sure you will be very helpful too.

Take care,

Laura

ronski
28-07-08, 18:50
Hi Captain America

Welcome, we will pipe you on board. I am glad you decided to join us and I look forward to your postings and any advice that you can give.
All the best
Ron