PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

lolly_pop
25-07-08, 16:03
Hi everyone,

I have no real idea about depression. I have been feeling terrible for around 6 months, maybe longer. A few months or so ago, I spoke to a friend about my symtoms etc and advised that I seek professional help. I have been too scared to research my symtoms (scared of facing the truth I suppose), so tried to put it out of my mind. Over the past few weeks my behaviour has gotten worse, crying for no real reason, sleeping during the day, restless nights, no energy and just can't be bothered attitude to mention a few.

Today, I finally took that giant step and went to see my GP and as a result he has prescribed me with 10mg Citalopram. I'm more than a bit apprehensive about taking them because of the side effects, I don't want to feel any worse then I already do. I thought I'd look up the the side effects and stubbled across this forum.

I've not told anyone in my family about this, not sure that I will get the support I need, mainly from my husband. I think he'll say that I'm overeacting & ridiculous (maybe it's just me). But surely, the doctor would not prescribe these tablets unless he thought I actually needed them?

I'm going to take this weekend to think about whether or not I should take them and take it from there.

Thank you for reading my post, I do feel a little better for posting. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come! I can't go on feeling like this anymore, it's horrible.

xx

Nechtan
25-07-08, 16:08
Hi,

I feel exactly the same way when it comes to taking medication and I think there are alot of people in the same boat. It's very hard to get over that worry. I've noticed a good few people on nmp taking Citalopram so hopefully they will be able to give you a good insight into the drug and help you make up your mind.

I hope it all goes well for you.

Nechtan

Lou~Lou
25-07-08, 16:09
Hi Lolly and welcome. I can only speak from experience and say that the Citalopram, for me, have been excellent - really lifted my mood, and im only 2 weeks in. I was like you, crying over nothing in particular, proper sobbing, like I was grieving.All of that coupled with anxiety. Anyway I have no doubt that without taking the tablets id still be doing much the same.

nomorepanic
25-07-08, 21:22
Hi Lolly

I just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get loads of support and advice on here and meet some lovely people.

lorac
25-07-08, 21:41
Hi Lolly

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

milly jones
25-07-08, 22:55
hi hunny

welcome to nmp

im on citalopram

if u want a chat feel free to pm me

milly xxx

Lindalou64
27-07-08, 15:09
Hello Lolly And Welcome To The Site,wish Ya Well,linda

kellie
27-07-08, 21:43
Hiya :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here. You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

weeble40
28-07-08, 08:46
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

Lilith1980
28-07-08, 15:57
Hi Lolly

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Southern_Belle
28-07-08, 18:35
Hi Lolly Pop,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura