PDA

View Full Version : smoking

leesa-x
25-07-08, 21:29
Hi does anyone get this..................... whenever i have a cigarette which is not many about 2 a day, sometimes none for weeks, but whenever i do my heart goes mad, i get funny pains in my arms and like pins and needles in my hands??? and i can feel my pusle in the bottom of my neck and its like going wobbly, i dont know why i bother trying to smoke as it doesnt relax me it just makes me more anxious!!!!!! would be gratefull for any advice or if anyone gets the same symptoms!!! thanks:bighug1:leesa. xxx

nomorepanic
25-07-08, 21:39
If you don't smoke regularly then you will get a rush through your body.

Ask any smoker that doesn't have one for a while and then lights up - they will all say they get a head rush etc.

It is a perfectly normal reaction

niki6
29-07-08, 12:23
Yeah i know what you mean, i dont smoke that often but when i do i get a really bad nicotine rush and my head goes really fuzzy and i feel wobbly! But it is just becuase you do not smoke that often and i dont think you should worry about it.. maybe you should stop if it makes you feel more anxious!

Love Niki xx

Anxious_gal
30-07-08, 03:00
oh my god stop smoking if your not addicted! I hate smoking! i do smoke my self but wish i didn't, ya if you don't smoke, your basically getting an over dose of nicotine

LucyA
30-07-08, 10:11
Nicotine causes your heart ventricles to contract. This in turn makes less blood travel to the brain and makes you feel dizzy (headrush). Horrible huh?

Smokers only find cigarettes relaxing because when they get a nicotine hit it makes the withdrawal symptoms go away...in fact, Nicotine makes the body PRODUCE adrenaline which makes you feel more anxious so it's not relaxing in the slightest!

My advice is to give up and you will notice a change in your anxiety. I was smoking 20 a day and gave up cold turkey 3 days ago...I've already noticed a difference in how calm I feel.

xx