PDA

View Full Version : relaxation cd

titchjd
26-07-08, 14:20
Hi can any1 recommend any relaxation/meditation cds please ..Im having great difficulty in relaxing and sleeping at the moment
Thanx
Titch xxxx

jo61
26-07-08, 14:36
I swear by one by the Priory Group of hospitals
http://www.priorygroup.com/pg.asp?p=1407 It's not cheap but has progressive relaxation, some visualisations, meditations, a sleep track and a few others. Lots of people like Glen Harrold but I find his voice a bit irritating. All these things are very personal. Paul McKenna does some too, I think I found one or two free on the internet. Worth doing a google for various free ones. You can usually download them onto mp3 players and they often give a sample to listen to online. Another one I bought years ago was by a guy called Robert Sharpe and it was very good too. Hope this helps

titchjd
26-07-08, 14:38
Thank you very much Jo will start googling xxxxx
Hope you are ok xxx

Titch xxx

nikkinoo
26-07-08, 16:22
Hi there,
Sleep was my major problem. I could go to bed and still be awake when it was time to get up! I felt totally drained and exhausted. I took the alarm clock out of my bedroom and replaced it with a radio. I tune it into Cassic FM and leave it on all night. I can now go to bed and absorb the relaxng music and drift off most nights.
Hope this helps.
Kindest regards Nikki x.

Nechtan
26-07-08, 18:12
A psychiatric nurse who used to visit gave me a couple of CDs with relaxation and visualisation but to be honest I just found them irritating. I tried to stick with it but found they were causing me more agitation than anything else. I have a Paul McKenna CD too from his cconfidence book and although that one is decent it's far too long at nearly 30 minutes.

I'm sure as already said there are some free MP3s to be googled. Hopefully you'll get some good recommendations as it obviously works for alot of people.