PDA

View Full Version : Smile

Emmie
02-05-05, 11:01
Hi Sarah,
I just wanted to let you know that i know how you feel. I have not suffered from a seizure but i do often get the feeling of my head closing in and dizziness and I too have had an MRI scan, ECG's and an EEG and, although the doctors didnt seem concerned, i cant help thinking 'what if they missed something' and i really do have a physical problem. I also tend to suffer extremely badly after ive been drinking the night before and, even when i drink the same amount as my friends, i find it difficult to do anything the day after, but my friends go about their day as normal. This too makes me worry that i have a physical problem thats making me react in this way-but it just goes to show how powerful alcohol can be in these type of situations.
Im not sure if i have been of any reassurance at all but i just wanted to let you know that i know how u feel.
take care
Em xx

Emmie
02-05-05, 11:12
Sorry i wrote this in the wrong place!!! It was meant to be a reply to Sarah! LOL
x

seh1980
02-05-05, 11:16
hi Em,

Thanks so much for that!! You are so right when you say that alcohol is a lot stronger than we realise. It just doesn't seem to agree with some people - you and me included!

I know that worrying about having a seizure is pointless and just makes things a whole lot worse but I can't seem to help it, though I have got a bit better since I posted about it. It was so nice to be able to share my fear and get a lot of positive feedback!!

Sarah :D

vernon
02-05-05, 11:20
hi emmie. Drinking does effect different people in different ways. I have one son who last week had a few drinks and was realy Ill the next day he didnt even eat for 2 days lol. then I have another who does the same but gets up early next day, cooked breakfast and off out like nothing different lol. take care. Vernon

Emmie
02-05-05, 11:28
Im glad you feel better since posting- sometimes keeping thoughts and feelings inside is one of the worst things you can do in these situations and yet talking about them is one of the hardest things to do.
Vernon- i am very jealous of your son who doesnt suffer from hangovers! Lol. Although its reassuring to hear that they affect other people too and its not just me so thank you!!

xx