PDA

View Full Version : Phone masts and anxiety

mjh74
02-05-05, 11:41
Hi all,

I'm sure you've at some point read about phone masts having adverse affects on us. Well I've just been reading a small article in the newspaper as follows.

"Phone masts DO affect the brain say scientists

Radiation from mobile phone masts does affect the brain and can cause headaches and anxiety, a study says. The findings will fuel the rising concern at the possible health implications arising from the spread of masts across the country. In the latest study, Australian scientists looked at volunteers aged between 20 and 78 who were exposed to controlled levels of mobile mast radiation. The volunteers complained of anxiety, headaches, nervousness and sounds in their ears. Dr Gerd Oberfeld who led the research, said: 'Politicians have to take more notice of this issue and finally take action. There are serious consequences for the population's health that are simply unacceptable.'"

Now bearing that in mind, have a look at this picture taken from the bedroom overlooking my back garden! They are actually just behind the pub garden in the plant nursery grounds. These are Vodafone and Orange masts.

http://www.atbl91.dsl.pipex.com/masts.jpg

Apparently petitions have been signed against these but nothing has come of it. :(

seh1980
02-05-05, 19:04
[Wow!] I have never heard of that one!!

There is no mast near us. How long have you lived next to that one??

kairen
02-05-05, 19:16
oooeeerhh Mark i think i would be moving house, [|)]

kairen x

mjh74
02-05-05, 21:12
Well one of them has been up for 6 or 7 years, the other one maybe longer but we've been living here for 17 years. We all suffer from anxiety in the house too. My dad was almost hospitalised for high blood pressure last year and my mum suffers from anxiety too. Makes you wonder doesn't it!

Regards,

Mark

seh1980
02-05-05, 21:21
That really does make you wonder - [Wow!]

kairen
03-05-05, 15:38
mmm makes you wonder but in the same breath i've had it for as long as i can remember at least 20 years, and my mum had it but is fine now but her mum had it as well, so there you go no masts near us lol but i would still move if i wear you hun LOL

kairen x

maxine
04-05-05, 14:59
hmmm well of course the enviroment your in has a great effect on your anxiety, it won't help worrying about living near a phone mast though!:D