PDA

View Full Version : Caffeine rush!

mothermac
27-07-08, 03:36
Does anybody else have panic symptoms after drinking stuff with caffeine in?
Me and my husband were invited by one of his friends to his house for a drink and a meal and I asked for a glass of Diet coke,this soon turned into 3 large glasses and I completely forgot about why I don't drink it now.
I have only had about 1 hrs sleep and my heart is jumpy and I have a funny feeling in my throat(like a pulse). I feel nervy and hyper and I'm putting it down to having the damm coke.Do you think this may be possible?
I cut it out of my diet because of this after reading the ingredients one day as it's full of crap stuff so I feel pretty annoyed I've given in and drunk some.

polly123
27-07-08, 06:52
Hiya
I cut out caffine after my therapist told me what it does to you and yes it can play havoc with the palpitations and make you hyper, i do still drink coffee but not the ammount i used to and ive stopped the coke all together and ive definately noticed a big differenc
POLLY

tHamera
28-07-08, 05:31
certainly, and not to mention that horrible chemical Aspartame that is in most diet foods and drinks.

jesse08
28-07-08, 07:59
Yes, the caffeine would affect you, especially if you have not had any for a while. I always drink decaff coffee after midday. You can also get caffeine free diet coke and caffeine free tea.

milly jones
28-07-08, 15:56
caffeine is in coke, tea, coffee, chocolate.

too much can make u hyper

milly xxx

Meltdown
28-07-08, 19:59
Deffinatley worth cutting out the Caffine.

Two of the worst things I have found if you are suffering from panic are Caffine and Alcohol.

Now I'm feeling a fair bit better, I can cope with tea (but never coffee) and the occasional drink (but never more than 2 or 3!)

milly jones
28-07-08, 20:12
i cope ok with alcohol, but it has an effect on my depression a couple of days after, so i stick to the odd glass just when i feel like it, once a week or so.

in fact boomer gets cross cos we end up throwing 1/2 bottles away cos i never finish them lol

milly xx

dinilove
30-07-08, 22:52
i gave up caffiene completely 4 years ago , before this i was constantly having palpations and found it hard to controll my panick attacks , i have had a few pals since but usually when i am due on and put it down to hormones ( at least that is what i tell myself) that pulse feeling in u throught i know very well and have often fell asleep wiv my hand on my neck counting my heartbeats...... ur not mad more people than u realise expierience this , caffiene is a big influence though try and give it up for a while and if u still get panicked try chewing gum , it helps regulate ur breathing

miss motown
31-07-08, 02:06
i used to drink around 20 ur more coffees a day untill my gp told me to pack it in well im sorry i didnt do it years ago cos ive got to admit i havent had a pa for some months now

woofytalk
31-07-08, 13:26
I'm right along with you there. I had to cut caffeine out of my diet too. My anxiety and panic would creep in - surprisingly not at the height of my caffeine jitters, but on the come down.

When I would crash, the moodiness would bring about anxiety and stress and then panic would strike like a bandit.

Allye
31-07-08, 15:54
I have cut out virtually all caffeine from my diet and am much better.