PDA

View Full Version : Lucky I need your advice

sadie
26-11-03, 20:21
Hi Lucky,

I have suffered a migraine now for 3 days which has scared the wits out of me and therefore I feel even more anxious than normal!!! Normally I just feel dizzy, nauseous, disorentitated, see flashing lights and sometimes a sore head on my right side. This time though I have had numbness down my right arm and leg which sometimes I have pins and needles and a funny taste in my mouth. I phoned NHS 24 there because I have been really worried but the nurse I spoke to was not too reassuring. She said that I do have symptoms of a migraine but if they get worse I have to contact them back. I keep thinking what if it is a stroke, epilepsy or diabetes or something. I am really getting scared. I know you said before that you experience numbness in your body so can you help me? (Sorry for being so eratic but us anxious people are prone to this trait!!!)

Any help would be good.

sadie

benoo5
26-11-03, 21:22
hi sadie,

sorry your feeling so rough,

i think lucky is only on her works pc..so why dont you go in the chat room,you will get good advice from nicola,and the others...if you havent been there before,go to the home page and click on chat room,on the left hand side,then its all done for you.

hope you feel better soon..bryan xxx.

sadie
26-11-03, 21:30
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for replying so quick.. I have managed to calm myself down a bit now. I have checked some web pages on the symptoms of migraines etc and it seems that the symptoms I have are actually migraine ones. Its just so difficult to remain calm sometimes and not to exaggerate every symptom as being life threatening. I find it quite difficult sometimes to make sense of my symptoms as to whether its a migraine I'm having or an anxiety atttack!!!

I know I need to stay positive.. I am a lot better than I was 3 years ago so thats got to count for something.

I'm so glad I can come to this site for some freindly chat and some good advice.

Thanks again, Bryan.

Oh , hows the 'tapping ' coming along??

sadie

benoo5
26-11-03, 22:41
thats good news sadie,

as for tapping,up doing worse in supermarkets now lol,pop into <top tips> and read all about it..while your there ,why not post a new topic,for us to get our teeth into..take care..bryan.

Laurie28
27-11-03, 09:08
Hiya Sadie,

I hope u are feeling better today and the headache is not too bad.

The first time I went numb with a migraine I was pregnant and could take no more than paracetomal. It is a v scary experience and I phoned the doctor who talked me down.

Anyway I hope u a re better

Love
Lucky

sadie
28-11-03, 20:34
Hi all,

This is now the 5th day I have had these weird symptoms..tingling down one side of my body, tingling in my mouth and a bit of a headache. I didnt think migraines lasted as long as this or could it be due to me trying to reduce my medication to every 2nd day. I really am trying not to worry too much but its always at the back of my mind. I did try to get a doctors appointment but the next available one wasnt until about 2 weeks away. Does hyperventalating cause these symptoms also? I am at my wits end with this!!

Has anyone else had these type of symptoms?

sadie

Jennifer
28-11-03, 21:08
Sadie: Yes, I feel symptoms like that .. It's awful, this anxiety/panic is terrible. Are you going off meds/ what I think I remember Paxil for you right. The meds to strange things to your chemical makeup... It will pass. Not the answer, but maybe a mild benzo. I know they make me feel weird at first, but eventually better.. This anxiety is awful and causes very real and scary feelings. I too feel awful today, very tingly and numb in the legs/hands and face. Dizzy too. Just had to come on and try to relax..
LOL Jen

benoo5
28-11-03, 21:15
hya sadie,

migraines can, and often do last longer than five days,if your hyperventilating,try using a paper bag,to breath into.

your symptoms could also be caused by coming down from your medication,try and bear with it,not easy,i know.

do try the relaxation techniques,that have been well posted,or check on the search facility at the top of the page,and try some abdominal breathing..bryan.

sadie
28-11-03, 21:39
Thanks guys,

Feeling pretty tired today anyway so I think Im going to have an early night and hopefully I'll feel better tommorrow!!

Jen are you coming off medication too then, so thats why you feel pretty numb all over today or is it just the anxiety/panic which is causing your symptoms?

sadie

Laurie28
02-12-03, 10:33
Sadie,

How are u gfeeling now? Has the migraine passed?
I have posted a new topic on Migraines' I hope it helps some??

Lucky

sadie
02-12-03, 19:55
Hiya Lucky

Migraine seems to have gone for the moment thank god..that was about a week I had that. I am still suffering tingling in my face and arms and feet but not to the extent I was last week. I think this could be due to me trying to reduce my Exefor dosage though.

I saw the new topic you posted which was very informative and helpful, thanks very much for your help and support.

Hope you feeling ok!!

sadie