PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie!!!!

bix73
27-07-08, 17:56
Hi, I found this site searching the internet today after I had a horrific experience last night which has scared me senseless.

I went out last night in Bristol (I live near Portsmouth) with some friends to celebrate a birthday. The night was brilliant and we all had a little bit too much to drink!!!!! Before the taxi turned up we went to the local 'Kebab house' to get some food, I sat on the pavement to eat my food the next thing my chest is extrememly tight, I'm struggling to breath and my heart feels like it's going to burst out of my chest. (I'm only 35 and relatively fit and healthy). I passed out several times as I hyperventilated and found it almost impossible to control my breathing. My friends were very concerned and called an ambulance - I was stuck in a vicious circle of hyperventilating and passing out;this went on for almost an hour!!!!!!! I could not regulate my breathing and thought I was having a heart attack as my chest was tight and hurt and it felt like my heart would explode.

I ended up going to hospital and they told me I was having a panic attack; I was really shocked as I didn't think I had anything to panic about!!!!!

I had been worried over the past few months as I had been regularly waking up through the night unable to get my breath and also suffering with severe palpatations. Until I looked thru some of the threads on this site I didn't realise that this could be a symptom of panic. I thought I'd just been a little stressed out as I have an Autistic son and he has been experiencing more problems than usual of late.

Anyhow I have looked thru this site and now realise that I probably have always suffered from panic but it hasn't come to light until now; alot of the symptoms have been very mild.

Now I know other people suffer from this 'don't feel like I am going mad!!!!' :scared15:

kendo59
27-07-08, 18:20
Do you have any idea WHY you may be having panic attacks? Any change in lifestyle, any stress or trauma, that may have started them?

Do you think learning some self-help relaxation techniques would help keep your attacks under control?

kellie
27-07-08, 21:40
Hiya :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here. You will get lots of support/advice/reasurance and make some great friends along the way. Panic attacks are qiutegood at coming out of the blue hun and smacking us in the face when we are feeling ok.You are with ppl now who totaly undersand you.
keep posting and we will help you as much as we can.

take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

milly jones
27-07-08, 21:49
no ur defo no mad, or if u are there are loads of us lol

welcome to nmp

hope ull find peace here

love milly xx

lorac
27-07-08, 22:01
Hello

:welcome: to the site I am sure you will get lots of good advice and support on here

Take care

Carol

weeble40
28-07-08, 08:38
welcome to NMP hope to see you around sometime

Emma xxx

bix73
28-07-08, 09:20
Thank you all for your kind welcoming words.

I haven't experienced any extra stress or trauma; as I said earlier I have a disabled child which is hard work in it's self but I've been dealing with that for quite some time.

Anyhow I am going to see the Doctor today - I just hope he is suppportive and understanding though I'm not holding out much hope there!!!!!!

Thanks again x x

Dave Jordan
28-07-08, 09:45
Hang in there girl!!! It will get easier!!!

Lindalou64
28-07-08, 11:31
Hello Bix And Welcome To The Site,i Wish Ya Well,linda

Lilith1980
28-07-08, 15:56
Hi Bix

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Southern_Belle
28-07-08, 18:34
Hi Bix,

Welcome to the site. Many here will understand how you are feeling and you will get support.

Take care,

Laura

nomorepanic
28-07-08, 23:20
Hi Bix

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help