PDA

View Full Version : Inside The Head

Stressed92
27-07-08, 18:53
Hiiya
This might sound strange, but does anyone else ever feel like their panic attacks start inside the head. Like, i get this feeling, almost like a sudden rush of panic, inside my head and then I feel hot and dizzy. Just wondering if anyone else ever gets this because i do sometimes. Its quite a scary feeling, as though your head has been taken over :(
x

tracy1972
27-07-08, 18:58
yes i do and thats my cue i get up and do something and takes my mind of it i use to get the feeling hot and cold sweat then i had to lay down and i use to go into like a shaking fit almost like a heart attack

ronski
27-07-08, 19:24
Hi Stressed92

I have had similar symptoms to yours in the past. What you will probably discover is that anxiety symptoms continually change as will the associated physical sensations. The important thing is not to focus and keep thinking of these sensations as this will enable them to keep control over your life. Ignore them and they will go away with time. At your young age get some CBT from a councellor recommended by your doctor as soon as possible so that anxiety dosent run your life.
hope you get well soon
Ron

mandie
12-09-08, 19:54
Hi

I have just had this feeling now while i was in the car.

It started with an intense feeling of sheer panic, then i got a head rush and my mouth had a funny taste. My legs were like jelly.

I have been having a terrible time with anxiety lately, but not had this feeling for quite a while and it scared me.

Probably felt worse because i was in a long queue of traffice so there was no way out! I just wound down the windows and concentrated on the music on the radio.

Anyone else get this? Iv been home and hour and still feel quite liteheaded and shakey

love mandie x

Stressed92
12-09-08, 20:51
Yeah mandy
its an awful feeling isn't it?
Last time I had it, it lasted for hours afterwards
:weep:
luckily, i havent had it for a while though
Take care
Amy
x

mandie
13-09-08, 00:46
Poor u.

I had the after effects for the rest of the evening and I still dont feel right now

love mandie x