PDA

View Full Version : head twinges

louise0501
28-07-08, 03:13
hey, i get really weird twinges and sensations in my head at random times of the day and when i get one, i imdiately think i am having an anurysm and i will die there and then. its really freaky and i don't understand what they are and why there occur? does anyone else have this? any advice/reassurance?
Please reply ASAP
Love Louise xx

london
28-07-08, 03:21
most of what your saying is you turning your head round i use to get them
its to do with your neck when you turn your head fast ect
dont worry your be ok

mary8
28-07-08, 09:55
Hi Louise,
I have suffered these symptoms for years, sometimes if I move my head (especially when I am led down) I will get this horrible sensation up the back of my head which really makes my jump, it is like a burning feeling but very hard to explain. I do suffer with my neck and I think your problem definitely relates to your neck too. It certainly isn't an anurysm. Please try not to worry it is a very common condition.
Take care.

lynny30
05-08-08, 21:05
Hi there!
I sympathise with you completely with these head pains and I was so worried that my doc referred me to a neurologist who I saw today. He assured me it is nerves from the neck becoming numb due to bad posture/stress/tense muscles etc. He even pricked my head with a pin to demonstrate this and there was a definite place where I couldnt feel much compared to the rest of my head where it really hurt!!
As for anuerysms, again I understand. My mum had one back in February and it has really freaked me out. Neurologist said he would book me in for an MRI scan if I wanted to try and rule it out so I am debating this at the moment!
Hope all goes well for you. xx

leonardomonkey
05-08-08, 22:39
Howdy
I got those really bad for awhile, another thing that can cause strange feelings in your head is when you get stressed your scalp contracts and gives tingly feelings