PDA

View Full Version : citalopram

Dave Jordan
28-07-08, 09:05
Hi everyone!!
Been on citalopram for 7 days now and to-day is the first day i feel a bit better!! Got to go and see MH officer to-day!This has taken me 30 years to do be-cause i was telling myself im fine!! Well im not , if anyones got any advice feel free and send it!!!!

Thanks

dave

lorac
28-07-08, 10:20
Hello Dave

Sorry I have no good advice, I don't take meds so no nothing about them but I am sure others will be able to offer some.

I just wanted to say I am pleased you are feeling a bit better and hope that continues.

Carol

oldhandatthis
28-07-08, 11:35
that's brilliant that you are taking care of yourself for the first time.

I think Citalopram is marvellous, there are lots of horror stories on here, including from me, about the side effects and feeling worse before you feel better, but it is all worth it in the long term.

good luck

DeeperDown
28-07-08, 12:24
I've just levelled off from my start dose, and am moving up to 40mg today. Hoping its as managable as the first dose.

I am glad you are recovering Dave, just remember not to run before you an jump. Take it easy and as the week continues you'll gradually start to feel like your old self.

DD

milly jones
28-07-08, 15:33
i too feel the benefits of citalopram

it has been important for me to get therapy alongside the meds, to enable me to make the behavioural changes required to gain long term health

milly xxx