PDA

View Full Version : Still really anxious about irregular bleeding

mary8
28-07-08, 09:51
Hi, I posted a thread on Friday because I was so worried about irregular bleeding I have been experiencing. I went to see my GP that morning and he has referred me for a pelvic scan, although he seems to think I am peri-menopausal (I am 51). I am getting into such a panic though as the bleeding still hasn't stopped, I had my period (which are never really heavy by the way) nearly 3 weeks ago and although I thought it had finished after 6 days on the 7th I started to get a pink show almost every time I went to the loo. This has been happening on and off ever since (11 days now), it is hardly anything and always pink, sorry to be so explicit but it seems to happen when I push my lower muscles like when you're pushing out that final drop of pee.
Has anyone else suffered similar symptoms leading up to the menopause, or at any time for that matter. I am so scared I have something awful wrong with me even though my GP didn't seem to think it was anything serious I can never convince myself.
Thank you again for taking the time to read my thread and I would be so grateful for some advice.

helenclaire
28-07-08, 10:42
Hi,

I am going through similair symptoms at the moment, i am only 42 but apparently it is caused by the menopause.
I have just gone 5 months without any bleeding, previous to this i had very irregular periods and they had become very heavy, however like you for about the last 10 days i have been getting a pinky discharge and i do not know if this a period or not as it is very light.
I know hormones can cause these things to happen but not knowing whats going on and whether its normal is really difficult to cope with.
I am considering going back to the doctors if this does not stop but i am sure i will just be told its the menopause.

The joys of being a woman.

Take care
Helen